• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Why not? Is it not made fresh?

the way it was made back when I worked there was the tuna came in a big bag, you cut the bag open and dump it in a big bowl and dump mayo on top of it then mix it with your (gloved) hands to make the tuna salad. Probably not unusual in food service for those kinds of things, but the experience just put me off ever eating it.

Seriously? I thought they fished the tuna out back and cut tuna fillets.

LOL. So it came in a bag instead of a can. What’s the big deal?

the way it was made back when I worked there was the tuna came in a big bag, you cut the bag open and dump it in a big bowl and dump mayo on top of it then mix it with your (gloved) hands to make the tuna salad. Probably not unusual in food service for those kinds of things, but the experience just put me off ever eating it.

This does not compare to what was (allegedly) done to the chicken salad at Chick-fil-a in the early '90s in Dalton, GA.

Yeah, that's how you make tuna/chicken salad.

Starkist tuna even comes in an envelope now.

BBD's love of coupons undoubtedly came from his days working the register at Subway.

I’m willing to consider the possibility that I’d be grossed out by tuna salad no matter what my work history was.

How can a dude who takes a six roper to the butthole on the reg be so squeemish about making tuna salad?

The fried chicken sandwich, in various forms, is the best sandwich that exists. In addition, the Cuban, cheesesteak, bbq, and Reuben are the top tier sandwiches. The elites.

The fried chicken sandwich, in various forms, is the best sandwich that exists. In addition, the Cuban, cheesesteak, bbq, and Reuben are the top tier sandwiches. The elites.

Wrong thread.

I thought declaring the fried chicken sandwich as the single best sandwich might be an unpopular opinion.

bad/hot takes are not necessarily unpopular opinions

I can’t believe no one called out the boar’s head is quality bits when Publix was discussed. Boar’s Head is basically the Publix of meat and cheese. It’s slightly above average but you always come away wishing it were so much better.

It’s incredibly appropriate that the Publix deli section is filled with Boar’s Head stuff.

Publix sucks. There’s a Publix directly across the street from our HT and I literally only go there when I need cranberry walnut bread or it’s absolutely pouring (covered parking.)

Costco is the best grocery store for meats. Pork shoulders, steaks, salmon, chicken, it’s all comparable to Whole Foods in quality at a far better price.

Whole Foods is crap for meat because they are heavy into grass fed meats, so there’s generally little fat so it ends up being flavorless.

Grass fed is better. More intense flavor. If you get a ribeye, there is still going to be a lot of fat. It’s more challenging to cook right, but the payoff is bigger.

Back