• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

How is their chocolate stout

giphy.gif

I like Two Hearted -- that and Lagunitas IPA are my standbys for IPAs I can find anywhere around town

millhouse, what was the best brewery out California way?

Russian River, although Sculpin is still my daily beer.

Session IPAs and hazy or bubble gummy IPAs can be excellent, I seek them out at places where IPAs are renowned

I don’t like it when a bar or brewery only has that style but I’m pretty easy when it comes to beer

The only beer styles I regularly turn down are hefeweizens and dubbels or tripels, I don’t love those spices

Otherwise I’ll drink anything

I don't drink a ton of beer, but there are definitely some world class IPAs out there. I have a case of Heady Topper sitting in my fridge and that shit is amazing.

Russian River, although Sculpin is still my daily beer.

Russian River is fantastic. It sucks that I moved about a mile from their brand new brewery and then covid shut everything down. I will be there all summer eating and drinking.

I also like LaGunitas as another local one for me as it is less than 20 miles away. Yes, I'm spoiled (not to mention that I live in the middle of several vineyards).

I don't drink a ton of beer, but there are definitely some world class IPAs out there. I have a case of Heady Topper sitting in my fridge and that shit is amazing.

I feel like Heady Topper is a bit of a victim of its own success coupled with the lack of distribution. It’s obviously terrific but once most people are able to try some it has been hyped to a level that can’t possibly be achieved.

Felt the same way about Pappy 23 by the time I first had some to be fair. Yeah it’s outstanding but I expected to actually ascend straight to heaven after drinking it.

You may already know this, but adding a pinch of salt to the Negroni really punches that fucker up. And really expressing that orange zest spray in the drink.

Need to try this. I’m also a fan of replacing the gin with mezcal

Russian River is fantastic. It sucks that I moved about a mile from their brand new brewery and then covid shut everything down. I will be there all summer eating and drinking.

I also like LaGunitas as another local one for me as it is less than 20 miles away. Yes, I'm spoiled (not to mention that I live in the middle of several vineyards).

Lagunitas puts the Pub in public radio.

Felt the same way about Pappy 23 by the time I first had some to be fair. Yeah it’s outstanding but I expected to actually ascend straight to heaven after drinking it.

I'd never say no to PVW 23, but it's their worst product - over hyped and over oaked.

I will drink any beer that someone puts in front of me, but I wouldn't ever choose an IPA.

I like sours and have been drinking them more frequently.

I am trying to find a hard seltzer that I like for sitting at the pool this summer. I like something light and fruity if I am going to drink a bunch of them while trying to keep my children from drowning.

Back