• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Woodwinds should be banned from marching bands. Brass and percussion only.

(This may not be unpopular, just irrelevant)

This is how DCI (AKA professional marching band) does it.

But I think you're in the right thread re: HS and College bands.

Yeah but eliminating woodwinds doesn't increase the brass, it just decreases the number on the field. I guess some of the woodwinds would try to learn a brass instrument, but it's not like those skills are directly comparable.

Start em early. Let little Johnny know he only has two choices.

Opinion: on the sports board, general discussion threads for a league/team/recruiting do not need a different thread for each season/year. Just have one continuous thread.

Start em early. Let little Johnny know he only has two choices.

I mean this is already the case at DCI (highest level of marching band). Schools are just pulling from people who are playing instruments in the orchestra/symphonic band where they do require woodwinds.

A piccolo is a tiny flute. It may be shrill/annoying, but it ain't loud. Sax is the best, and I'm annoyed I completely forgot how to play mine.

Clones, duh.

AcclaimedAggressiveFattaileddunnart-max-1mb.gif

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BiffTannen again.

Multiplicity is tits.

I don't know if this is popular or unpopular, but I really dislike white lights on Christmas trees. It makes them look like you are at a department store. Family Christmas trees should have all kinds of color on them. The more color, the better.

Back