• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

This is the best song about child abuse. Anything else is a distant second.

Coming in hot - Rihanna’s “Disturbia” is a better song than Thriller.

a former poster posted on facebook that he was sick of the Bernie memes and thought they were all dumb. He got justifiably roasted in the comments.

141653107_10224975683403723_637522686609019578_n.jpg

the true difference between most grocery store chains is negligible and all opinions to the contrary are a logical outcome of one's allegiance to market-based capitalism

die-hard publix supporters, for example, tell themselves that there is something really special about publix because they don't want to confront the fact that publix joins harris teeter, walmart markets, food lion, giant eagle, wegmans, save a lot, albertsons, et. al in allowing them a simple avenue for mass consumption of goods divorced from worker's labor

there might be one thing (publix sandwiches?) that receives special attention, but ultimately many of these stores offer a similar product and/or service, and when you reject the rhetoric around these stores (friends gushing, marketing material, store style/layout) it's clear that most major grocery stores (and the things that seem to make them very special) are just negligible variations on a very simple market-based theme

not a hill i plan to die on, happy to be proven wrong, but god these stores all seem the same to me and it's weird to hear people go off about publix (as an example)

I'm not sure if you think that's specific to grocery stores or realize that applies to a birds eye view of fandom in general, especially when it's primarily based on geography (e.g. grocery stores, chain restaurants, sports teams, etc).

the true difference between most grocery store chains is negligible and all opinions to the contrary are a logical outcome of one's allegiance to market-based capitalism

die-hard publix supporters, for example, tell themselves that there is something really special about publix because they don't want to confront the fact that publix joins harris teeter, walmart markets, food lion, giant eagle, wegmans, save a lot, albertsons, et. al in allowing them a simple avenue for mass consumption of goods divorced from worker's labor

there might be one thing (publix sandwiches?) that receives special attention, but ultimately many of these stores offer a similar product and/or service, and when you reject the rhetoric around these stores (friends gushing, marketing material, store style/layout) it's clear that most major grocery stores (and the things that seem to make them very special) are just negligible variations on a very simple market-based theme

not a hill i plan to die on, happy to be proven wrong, but god these stores all seem the same to me and it's weird to hear people go off about publix (as an example)

My food lion really needs an olive bar.

no Ph I think it's generally a trend of mass-market consumption, but grocery stores offer a simple jumping-off-point for discussing it.

Don’t see it. There’s a difference between shitty stores within the same chains.

I'm not sure if you think that's specific to grocery stores or realize that applies to a birds eye view of fandom in general, especially when it's primarily based on geography (e.g. grocery stores, chain restaurants, sports teams, etc).

ehhh I think there is a much bigger quality difference between chain restaurants (and how a pro sports team is run) than there is between most grocery store chains.

ehhh I think there is a much bigger quality difference between chain restaurants (and how a pro sports team is run) than there is between most grocery store chains.

I disagree. I think there are plenty of differences between all of them that are meaningful to individuals but not that meaningful at the macro level. I think Chili’s is better than Applebee’s. I would expect someone from another culture to go to both and say they’re pretty much the same.

Grocery store chains and locations differ by what goods and services they offer and within that what brands and quality of service.

But the big factor in terms of loyalty is location.

I disagree. I think there are plenty of differences between all of them that are meaningful to individuals but not that meaningful at the macro level. I think Chili’s is better than Applebee’s. I would expect someone from another culture to go to both and say they’re pretty much the same.

Grocery store chains and locations differ by what goods and services they offer and within that what brands and quality of service.

But the big factor in terms of loyalty is location.

"My friend is a vegetarian, and when I eat his butthole, it tastes totally different from when I eat my wife's butthole. I'm still cleaning shit out of an asshole with my tongue, but I'm culturally able to appreciate the subtle, but meaningful differences between them."

Back