• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

To clarify, $15 and insanely expensive were not related. Separate complaints.

$15 for mediocre food is bad value.
$500 for amazing food is insanely expensive.

Both options are readily available in NYC.

I just realized it should probably go here, seeing this thread next to the NYC recs one, but....

NYC is overrated. Everything worth doing is too crowded and/or too expensive. Even the food is overrated. There are way too many restaurants charging $15 a plate for mediocre food. Yes, you can get amazing meals, but again, they're insanely expensive.

this is a very good entry to this thread

makes sense for someone that chose to live in Midtown

Prince is/was overrated, especially the mediocre song Purple Rain.

Sammy Hagar 10x better singer/rock star than that twat David Lee Roth. The band was better with Roth in the group too bad they didn't have Hagar from the start.

Sammy Hagar 10x better singer/rock star than that twat David Lee Roth. The band was better with Roth in the group too bad they didn't have Hagar from the start.

LOL.

I wouldn't wanna live in NYC but as far as spending a few days there it may be underrated. You can literally find something interesting to do at any point that you may not be able to do in plenty of other spots in the country. Any type of food you want, any music spots, comedy clubs, theater, etc. you can find it.

When I started reading this I thought you were going to say that Sammy Hagar is 10x better singer/rock star than Prince, which would have been the highlight of this thread so far.

Just watched a little of Beyonce at the Kobe memorial. Talk about mediocre. Sammy Hagar sings circles around her.

You gotta be kidding me she is notably not notable as a singer. She's hot and can entertain, but singing chops she doesn't possess.

Prince was a helluva a musician...

Unpopular opinion - the ATL airport is actually a very good airport. It's not a dump like some other major airports. Delays and cancellations happen but aren't worse than other airports its size. And it has minimal United presence.

And for the OCD folks, it has 7 terminals lined up perfectly, all running N-S, ordered alphabetically, and it has 5 runways all running E-W on the north and south sides of the row of terminals.

Unpopular opinion - the ATL airport is actually a very good airport. It's not a dump like some other major airports. Delays and cancellations happen but aren't worse than other airports its size. And it has minimal United presence.

And for the OCD folks, it has 7 terminals lined up perfectly, all running N-S, ordered alphabetically, and it has 5 runways all running E-W on the north and south sides of the row of terminals.

yeah I don't understand the hate. it's about as logically laid out as any major airport in the world. you know exactly where your gate is and don't have to wander down various hallways that aren't lined up.

only thing I would change is a dedicated TSA pre-check line at security after clearing Customs. they now give all US and Canadians the TSA pre-check treatment, but it still leads to long lines and confusion since most people don't know what to do when they get to the scanners.

This is honestly the first time I’ve heard a musician have this utterly wrong take but this is the right thread for this.

Purple Rain is a classic but arguably a third tier Prince jawn

You gotta be kidding me she is notably not notable as a singer. She's hot and can entertain, but singing chops she doesn't possess.

It’s not that controversial. That’s essentially the plot of Dreamgirls. Beyoncé’s character is hot and makes a good front woman to go mainstream but Jennifer Hudson’s character has the real singing chops.

Back