• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Here's my ranking as a midwestern who has been to all of the states except ND, SD, Kansas (I think) and Nebraska (I think), because why would anyone go to those places:

1. Wisconsin - beer, cheese, brats, lots of lakes, Lake Michigan coastline (door county), Madison (better than Ann Arbor) - negatives - cold
2. lllinois - has Chicago
3. Michigan - lots of good beer, really good beaches and beach towns, Detroit can be fun, Ann Arbor - ok but overrated
4. Minnesota - lots of water, too fucking cold

5-11 - interchangable plains, farms, MAGA and bad Jesus. Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota

12. Ohio

#anecdotes, but every person I've ever met from Wisconsin is good people.

I mean, boneless “wings” are just chicken nuggets, so they’re an entirely different part of the chicken.

Boneless wings have a time and place but a well cooked wing has that crispy skin that’s obviously not going to be on a chicken nugget.

For example I got boneless wings last time a was in an airport bc I’m not going to fly with wing smelling greasy fingernails. But it’s not the same.

boneless wing is yet another contradiction in capitalism

Wife and kids going out of town on Saturday and I am going to demolish some bone in wings. Just real sloppy

Boneless wings should not exist outside of a kids menu. I’m cool with tenders, especially Buffalo tenders. But a plate of ouch wings and a pitcher of beer at Putters is where it’s at.

I only want Buffalo sauce on my wings, and smoked wings are incredibly overrated.

Boneless wings should not exist outside of a kids menu. I’m cool with tenders, especially Buffalo tenders. But a plate of ouch wings and a pitcher of beer at Putters is where it’s at.

I only want Buffalo sauce on my wings, and smoked wings are incredibly overrated.

Smoked then Fried to a crispy finish is the only way to make wings.

"boneless wings" don't exist - it's literally a contradiction in terms invented to make eating processed breast meat sound cool

so there's no divide between boneless/bone - that's what the BIG CHICKEN marketing team wants you to buy into

"boneless wings" don't exist - it's literally a contradiction in terms invented to make eating processed breast meat sound cool

so there's no divide between boneless/bone - that's what the BIG CHICKEN marketing team wants you to buy into

Folx, he's right.

This is a great take. The meat on boneless chicken wings is just subpar, that's my issue with it. Just order fried tenders if you want the "boneless" experience.

Smoked then Fried to a crispy finish is the only way to make wings.

Hard disagree. Most places that attempt smoked wings fail and the product is dry. I'll take the traditional Buffalo wings over them any day.

I do really enjoy cooking wings on the BGE. I use the deflector plate in the open setting, so the temp gets up to about 500. The wings end up crispy and very juicy. Toss in some Noble Made clean buff sauce and you have a relatively healthy meal.

Made smoked wings last week and they were excellent. Fried up some wings too. I’m going to stop breading my fried wings. Maybe a light corn starch dusting. I fried some without breading for my 8 year old and they were delicious.

This is a great take. The meat on boneless chicken wings is just subpar, that's my issue with it. Just order fried tenders if you want the "boneless" experience.

It’s the same thing. They just cut up tenders and called them “boneless wings” because wings are so popular.

Last edited:
Made smoked wings last week and they were excellent. Fried up some wings too. I’m going to stop breading my fried wings. Maybe a light corn starch dusting. I fried some without breading for my 8 year old and they were delicious.

It’s the same thing. They just cut up tenders and called them “boneless wings” because wings are so popular.

Not always. Some places have tenders that are high quality meat from the chicken breasts.

Yeah, with tenders you are much more likely to get a real piece of meat that hasn't been processed. With boneless wings and nuggets you are much more likely to get meat that has been smushed together into a specific shape.

Don’t know if this has been already said on this thread or not, but fuck it, it should be repeated. IPA’s fucking suck, they are bitter ass no good tasting pretentious garbage. Overdone and hardly ever done right. I think Two Hearted is the only one that doesn’t taste like complete ass and that shit is just barely tolerable. Fuck you, you hops ass, ass licking hipster ass fucks.

Also that clove tasting wheat shit can also get proper fucked.

Back