• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Mother's Basement HOT STOVE Offseason Thread

I'm surprised. I would've never thought that he would have been trader. Nor that he was even being floated around. They've gotta be getting more than just Kinsler, right?

look at difference in salaries. kinsler is 4 for 57 left, til 17 season. prince is 24 a year til 2020. prince has a horrendous contract. tigers have to be giving up someone like porcello.

look at difference in salaries. kinsler is 4 for 57 left, til 17 season. prince is 24 a year til 2020. prince has a horrendous contract. tigers have to be giving up someone like porcello.

I imagine Detroit is sending $texas. But even then, I still think it's lopsided. Arlington is such a hitter friendly park.

I'm surprised. I would've never thought that he would have been trader. Nor that he was even being floated around. They've gotta be getting more than just Kinsler, right?

I'm sure more will come out, but Prince has seven years and $143MM(?) left on his contract.

I don't know, it seems like a questionable trade for both sides yet one that makes sense for both sides. Prince will probably crush in the Rangers' park and the Tigers get a good second baseman and free up 1B (and $$$) for Miggy.

Or maybe I'm just rationalizing because I have no idea what's going on.

profar to second, castellanos to third, miggy to first, truckload of money to scherzer

Wow. Texas is dumb. Prince's contract is among the worst in baseball.

I thought Prince would be pretty much untradeable. That contract is only going to get worse as Prince gets fatter

Wow. Tigers GM must have started as a fantasy owner the way he shuffles the roster.

sent from my Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

also, name the last FA 1B signed after 30 to age well. only guy you could argue for is konerko. I've seen some theories that the skill set required for 1B(all bat, no defensive value) ages worse than other positions. granted, 2B and C are the two candidates for the next spot in that list.

Basically, go after ss, 3b, or CFs as they tend to age better than guys with limited skillsets.

also, name the last FA 1B signed after 30 to age well. only guy you could argue for is konerko. I've seen some theories that the skill set required for 1B(all bat, no defensive value) ages worse than other positions. granted, 2B and C are the two candidates for the next spot in that list.

Basically, go after ss, 3b, or CFs as they tend to age better than guys with limited skillsets.

Frank Thomas (guess)? But, yea. Not a great investment. And you would think that they'd have less wear and tear at first.

Haha, I love Twitter, people remember everything, like this:

Wow, love this deal. Pretty interesting for both teams. Really helps the Tigers out.

Wow. Texas is dumb. Prince's contract is among the worst in baseball.
Detroit is sending cash, and Texas has a huge TV deal starting in 2014. Also, kinsler is a selfish asshole and Texas has to find a place for Profar. I love this move.

Detroit is sending cash, and Texas has a huge TV deal starting in 2014. Also, kinsler is a selfish asshole and Texas has to find a place for Profar. I love this move.

So Prince to DH, Moreland at 1st? Resign Cruz?

Seems like a solid deal for both sides.

I love this move for the Rangers. Even though princes contract is horrendous, the numbers he will put up in Arlington will make the next few years well worth it.

Now that they have a big bat, Cruz no longer holds all of the cards in negotiations

Agree with SMU on Kinsler.

I would love the Ranger to press hard now for McCann. At that point they add another bat and their backup catcher. They then let Cruz walk and keep Rios, Martin and Gentry in for speedy OF

Back