• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Mother's Basement HOT STOVE Offseason Thread

Agree. Drives me nuts when Red Sox fans attempt to characterize themselves as long suffering. They have had six losing seasons in the last 47 years; they outspend every franchise other than the Yankees (and now maybe the Dodgers), and they have been in the mix almost every September for any Red Sox "fan" that is 50 or under. Yes, they had many heart-breaking moments in the playoffs, but at least the Red Sox have played a ton of games that matter. So telling that they could not give away Red Sox tickets last September when they sucked. Almost every fan-base remains devoted if their team wins consistently, and so, naturally, their fans turned out when their team was good. That does not make their fan base awesome.

Let's see how loyal the Red Sox nation would be if they had a recent run like the Pirates, Royals, Mariners, Jays or a number of other teams that have been essentially irrelevant for a decade+. Can't stand "Red Sox nation" and their self-perception as the best fans in baseball. Hope it's another 95 years before another W-S win in Fenway (or anywhere else) for the Red Sox.

agreed. i may hate the yanks, but at least their fans don't pretend about what there team is.

where does my boi ERV sign? DM said on KC radio we can't go 5 years.

There definitely was, Avalon. Red Sox fans aren't happy unless they are miserable and they miss the suffering to an extent.

I follow her on Twitter, could've sworn she was a White Sox fan.

Either way, I remember there being a pretty solid Red Sox bandwagon before 2004. Peope always like cheering for the underdog, and against the Yankees.

she was the cause of the great draysbay purge of 2012 when she was a guest columnist and wrote some trite shit about the rays, and everyone destroyed it and her. she's pretty much everything i despise about sbn and sports' bloggers in general.

received a warning from sbn. must tread lightly when discussing the precious flower's work.

Keep it coming--the anti-Red Sox bitterness only adds to the sublime satisfaction that is ultimate victory...

she was the cause of the great draysbay purge of 2012 when she was a guest columnist and wrote some trite shit about the rays, and everyone destroyed it and her. she's pretty much everything i despise about sbn and sports' bloggers in general.

Haha, I can't think of anything of her's I've read, but that Red Sox piece sure was awful.

And lol at the warning from SBN.

DL05 is a little more subtle than Skins but a really similar baseball poster.

well one's actually lived in the city of his favorite team. he may top me in ws victories, but at least i dont live in hickory where dante's and zaxby's are fine cuisine and hickory dickory dock is a great way to spend a weekend.

in other news, i'm expecting cashmen to destroy any spending records this year after watching the sawx raise a banner.

and sbn deleted all my comments and banned me. hilarious.

there were a few others. i think the one about the washington tragedy not being sexy enough for the sports gods to reward the nats with a victory was the final blow.

chis perez released. the backend of the bullpen market is probably the deepest spot in free agency this offseason. that bodes well for the rays who need to replace rodney.

I follow her on Twitter, could've sworn she was a White Sox fan.

Either way, I remember there being a pretty solid Red Sox bandwagon before 2004. Peope always like cheering for the underdog, and against the Yankees.

I think the Red Sox bandwagon started blowing up with Nomar, and the huge contracts for Pedro and Manny.

Didn't take long for this thread to breakout into a fan war

The worst kept secret of the off season...Nats officially name Matt Williams manager today. We shall see. I would hope that at least means the end of our getting beamed with little to no retaliation.

Back