• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Mother's Basement HOT STOVE Offseason Thread

i know when my club makes a hire the first thing i look to is his stance on retaliation.

davey martinez must be a terrible interview

i know when my club makes a hire the first thing i look to is his stance on retaliation.

not the first thing I look to but Williams is a total wildcard. Nothing really to go on other than his disposition...that and he was on the Mitchell Report.

received a warning from sbn. must tread lightly when discussing the precious flower's work.

Flower?

You're right, avalon, the piece was awful. And far too long.

Last edited:
Ubaldo Jimenez voids player option, becomes free agent.
Blue Jays pick up options on Lind, Janssen, DeRosa, decline option on Kawasaki.
Dodgers decline option on Chris Capuano.
Cardinals decline option on Jake Westbrook.
Rangers decline option on Lance Berkman.

Tigers aren't going to re-sign Peralta.

Looking through the FAs, not sure i'd sign anyone. i know fa's are inherently overpaid, but i think the cano and ellsbury will get way too much. after that everyone has defects. only guy i'd go after is tanaka if he gets posted.

when does mlbtr do their fa predictor? fa starts in 4 days right?

Jeter signed a 1 yr/$12 million contract for 2014

Jeter signed a 1 yr/$12 million contract for 2014

so when other teams are happy about a move the yankees made, that's probably not a good sign for the move right?

how bad will jeter's defense be? can he get to -30 DRS or +/-?

Does he make it official and make this is farewell year?

derek jeter's contract will pay for itself. it's like arguing a team made a bad signing for the 25th man.

the yanks are going to destroy any previous offseason records for spending this year. cano and kuroda are locks. i'm betting they get at least 3 of garza, choo, ellsburry, drew, etc.

derek jeter's contract will pay for itself. it's like arguing a team made a bad signing for the 25th man.

the yanks are going to destroy any previous offseason records for spending this year. cano and kuroda are locks. i'm betting they get at least 3 of garza, choo, ellsburry, drew, etc.

that seems dumb

Back