• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Mother's Basement HOT STOVE Offseason Thread

Also, everything I am hearing is that the Cubs are very long shots to land Price because they don't want to have to trade Baez or some combo of Edwards, Soler, Almora.

And, the Phillies are interested in Matt Garza. Awesome - would love to see him pitch against the Braves and Nats a bunch of times.

And, the Phillies are interested in Matt Garza. Awesome - would love to see him pitch against the Braves and Nats a bunch of times.

Noooooo… I’d rather he sign with another NL East team so I can cheer for the Phillies to bunt right to him every time until he goes mad. (And then berates a player’s wife, I guess.)

The Phillies finally hired their stats guy. He comes from the MLB offices, where he worked on arbitration cases. So other teams have entire analytics departments, and the Phillies have one guy, who comes from an area where they mainly use traditional stats.

Sometimes it seems like they want to be mocked.

Also, everything I am hearing is that the Cubs are very long shots to land Price because they don't want to have to trade Baez or some combo of Edwards, Soler, Almora.

yeah, i keep hearing more and more of this. not sure if i should give up on my cubs hope or if it's just posturing. starting to warm up to a dodgers package that includes seager, pederson, and lee.

Kershaw / Price / Greinke / Ryu? Damn.

Rangers take a page out of the Rays’ playbook, sign Martin Perez to a four year, $12.5MM deal with three club options: Link

John Jaso got murried pics all on my fb

Lots of big names seem to be coming up in trade rumors. St. Louis going after Tulo or Adrus, LA looking to relieve the logjam in their outfield by trading Kemp, Ethier or Crawford. I’m curious to see what the trade market is like given that all of those guys signed to big, multi-year contracts.

Archer, Iglesias or Myers? Fernandez, Miller or Puig?

Myers and Puig?

I thought this was interesting:

Ellsbury versus Crawford in their final three seasons before free agency:

Ellsbury, 2011-2013: .303/.356/.469, 15 HR, 35 SB, 4.9 WAR
Crawford, 2008-2010: .297/.349/.454, 14 HR, 44 2B, 4.8 WAR

Fernandez should win NL.

no arguments here. fernandez had a more complete year. hope he doesn't get penalized for being on the marlins.

pretty solid crop of rookies all around.

Lots of big names seem to be coming up in trade rumors. St. Louis going after Tulo or Adrus, LA looking to relieve the logjam in their outfield by trading Kemp, Ethier or Crawford. I’m curious to see what the trade market is like given that all of those guys signed to big, multi-year contracts.

Cards rumored to be looking at Starlin too. Rosenthal saying Cubs are possibly looking at a Starlin/Shark package deal - mentioned Dbacks as partners.

I guess that is another option besides moving Baez from short.

no arguments here. fernandez had a more complete year. hope he doesn't get penalized for being on the marlins.

JoseFernandezNuts.gif

Marlins really have a good young core- SP is set, pen isn't the problem, OF is great, IF has tons of of holes with few prospects on the way.

But yea, Fernandez for ROY, not even close. Should also be top 3 in CY.

Fernandez and Myers will win by a landslide.

Back