• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Braves Stadium

Good god. Turner Field is only what, 15 years old?

Whaaaaaaat? That is really shocking to me -- I had no idea this was a discussion. Not being an ATLien, but having been to several games at Turner Field, I know it's inconvenient not being on a MARTA stop and of course its capacity is higher than needed. That said, being just 20 years old at the time they move, this is a big surprise to me. Can't wait to hear from TAB and Go and some of you other Atlanta folk.

0618_NewStadiumConcept_CP.jpg

I wonder if the Falcon's new facility has anything to do with this? The Braves cant be second fiddle to any of the other Atlanta sports teams.

I think this is big enough news to warrant a separate thread.

fair enough, i changed the title over there jic.

i know our lease ends in 2016, but this is just so very strange to me. I didn't realize that there have been 16 parks built since Turner Field. I guess this is all about "newness." Also it's going to be weird to have to go to COBB COUNTY for a game.

maybe they can make it out of the first round of the playoffs in the new ballpark

Damnit, someone beat me to the Big Bossman tag.

Also, make them change their name.

Last edited:
The good news is that if they're opening a new ballpark in 2017, presumably they're going to want to do so with Jason Heyward and Freddie Freeman in the lineup, who are free agents in 2016 and 2017, respectively. Maybe this leads to a payroll increase? Certainly if attendance rises or is expected to rise, you would expect to see that. Given the crappy TV deal, the Braves need good attendance.

Doesn't seem to be any info so far about public financing of the stadium...

Back