• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Braves Stadium

The Beltline is awesome. Before, I never in a million years would have considered walking from my house to Parish, Fritti or any of the other restaurants in Inman Park. Now, we do it at least a few times a month. When Krog Street Market opens, it will be even better.

They just got a huge grant too to build out the Westsiiiiiiide trail. Apparently that one goes by a rock quarry which looks awesome.

They just got a huge grant too to build out the Westsiiiiiiide trail. Apparently that one goes by a rock quarry which looks awesome.

You should take the Beltline bus tour if you haven't. It's really interesting and you get to see the rock quarry.

When I saw that quarry on Walking Dead, I was like, "Whoa, I know that place. We used to get drunk and jump off the cliffs there in high school!"

Haha, they only let 12 people speak, so 12 supporters of the stadium showed up hours ahead of time to take up the spots.

Opponents Barred From Speaking As Cobb County Approves Braves Stadium

Cobb Commissioners voted last night, 5-0, to devote $392 million to building a new Braves stadium to open in 2017, with the operating agreement allowing the county to borrow up to $397 million. The Braves will chip in $230 million.

And the deal still contains questions and landmines. Cobb County has committed just $14 million to transportation improvements that are likely to cost at least 10 times that. The bond measures, released for the first time on Friday night, reveal that the Braves do not actually guarantee the $400 million in private development around the stadium that they had touted, rendering one of the project's biggest selling points imaginary long before ground is even broken.

Did I miss something? I thought the Braves were paying 55% of the cost?

Shultz is such a fucking know nothing hack. He makes Donut Dan look like Wayne King. That being said, the city in decline has enough shit to pay for. If the mayo sammich eating tax paying denizens of Cobb want to forego some of the money they had previously set aside for handguns, surburbans and country ham to build a new stadium, more power to em. Keeps traffic out of the city.

Shultz is such a fucking know nothing hack. He makes Donut Dan look like Wayne King. That being said, the city in decline has enough shit to pay for. If the mayo sammich eating tax paying denizens of Cobb want to forego some of the money they had previously set aside for handguns, surburbans and country ham to build a new stadium, more power to em. Keeps traffic out of the city.

BING AGAIN!

Schultz is a hateful carpet bagger who writes lazy, shitty columns.

Looking forward to that part getting done. I live 5 minutes from the quarry

Schultz is fine. Don't get your panties in a wad when someone says something you don't like.

Back