• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Engagement Rings

My wife wanted to chose it so we went to a recommended jewler together. She picked it out, sized etc. He told us it would take 3 mos but called 4 weeks later to tell me it was ready so she still got a surprise with the timing.

Wife didn't want me spending too much and cared where the stone came from but honestly to each their own

More important is just knowing what the other person would appreciate

Wife didn't want me spending too much and cared where the stone came from but honestly to each their own

More important is just knowing what the other person would appreciate

exactly. good luck finding a girl who doesn't want any kind of ring. the better 'quest' is to find a girl who will appreciate your effort and value the sentiment of what you're doing for her/what you're doing together.

sorry you need manipulative marketing to feel validated

sorry you're not dating anyone.

Sometimes juice puts rings on his fingers when he sit alone at night fapping just for a change of pace.

I tried to be in the "don't need a ring" camp because you really, really, don't but caved to the thought of the number of people who say "oh let me see the ring" immediately upon hearing of engagement. I felt like even if I 100% didn't want a ring it would somehow still -in other people's minds- be a reflection on HTTD being cheap or something and I'm not cool enough to not care about that.

I really love my engagement ring because it's pretty and I love rings and HTTD gave it to me etc. but probably could have toughed out a few months of "let me see your ring" because once you're married and have a wedding ring it really doesn't matter to the outside world.

My mom doesn't have an engagement ring and def does not care, I just didn't quite get all of her cool genes.

The other thing I completely spaced on until the last minute was you need insurance and you need insurance immediately. It's relatively cheap at like 100 dollars every $10,000.

Back