• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Engagement Rings

Wednesday night engagement eh? Congrats. Bet that definitely surprised her. Details?

I was originally planning on doing it next Friday at an upscale Asian food/brewery spot we love, but she insisted that we try out the sister restaurant (the nicer version) and wanted to go last night. So I moved my timeline up and surprised her last night. Got the restaurant in on it and they brought us champagne right after she said yes. Which I then proceeded to nervously knock over 5 mins later. Luckily it didn't make too much of a mess.

Nice man, congrats. I'll be looking at a Jan 1st or 2nd date for the question pop. We have 2 days in Galway and will be visiting the cliffs on whatever day has the best weather

Nice man, congrats. I'll be looking at a Jan 1st or 2nd date for the question pop. We have 2 days in Galway and will be visiting the cliffs on whatever day has the best weather

Picked up the finished product this weekend. Went with a diamond off of BN and ordered the setting from Wingos in Clemmons. Made pretty much exactly what I wanted. Now the hard part, sitting on this thing for 2 weeks.

Picked up the finished product this weekend. Went with a diamond off of BN and ordered the setting from Wingos in Clemmons. Made pretty much exactly what I wanted. Now the hard part, sitting on this thing for 2 weeks.

Update, she said yes on New Years Day. Thanks for the help on here to anyone who contributed.

26166422_1972803406067809_5281430375633125975_n.jpg

Am I allowed to use this thread for Honeymoon recs? Will probably be in delayed until December due to our schedules, open to anywhere in the world that's above 70 degrees at that time.

When is your wedding?

Am I allowed to use this thread for Honeymoon recs? Will probably be in delayed until December due to our schedules, open to anywhere in the world that's above 70 degrees at that time.

We're heading to central Chile in mid/lateNovember. Santiago, Valparaiso/Vina Del Mar, wine country and the Andes. We're going during Thanksgiving week and returning the following Monday so that I only have to take 3 days off. Our wedding is the 17th.

We're heading to central Chile in mid/lateNovember. Santiago, Valparaiso/Vina Del Mar, wine country and the Andes. We're going during Thanksgiving week and returning the following Monday so that I only have to take 3 days off. Our wedding is the 17th.

That sounds pretty dope. I was looking at Costa Rica today after that thread cam up, but figured i'd do CR during a hex qualifier at some point.

September 15th, but due to her schedule the Honeymoon will be delayed until December.

Cool. We did a honeymoon six weeks after our wedding due to schedules, but we did a local mini-honeymoon for 3 days after the wedding. It was necessary to decompress after the wedding without the pressure of having to travel immediately afterward. I highly recommend doing that if you can take a day or two off.

Depending on the time of December, you may be able to find some good deals.

Cool. We did a honeymoon six weeks after our wedding due to schedules, but we did a local mini-honeymoon for 3 days after the wedding. It was necessary to decompress after the wedding without the pressure of having to travel immediately afterward. I highly recommend doing that if you can take a day or two off.

Current plan is to do Grandover the night of and possibly the following day if we can make it work out. Depends on if the Panthers play at home that Sunday* :thumbsup:

*yes, I know I'll lose that battle either way

This is good advice.

Current plan is to do Grandover the night of and possibly the following day if we can make it work out. Depends on if the Panthers play at home that Sunday* :thumbsup:

*yes, I know I'll lose that battle either way

If the Panthers aren’t at home, go ahead and go golfing with buddies on Sunday morning and sit your ass on the couch at 1:00 or 4:15. Start the marriage off right.

Back