• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Engagement Rings

If the Panthers aren’t at home, go ahead and go golfing with buddies on Sunday morning and sit your ass on the couch at 1:00 or 4:15. Start the marriage off right.

Go ahead and set the tone starting day 1, I like it.

We're heading to central Chile in mid/lateNovember. Santiago, Valparaiso/Vina Del Mar, wine country and the Andes. We're going during Thanksgiving week and returning the following Monday so that I only have to take 3 days off. Our wedding is the 17th.

love Valpo

Didn't even think of that, thanks.

you're welcome. I had a friend marry in September and he wisely bought vacation insurance. A threatening hurricane in the Atlantic got his plan A honeymoon moved to Puerta Vallarta for free.

TO:

Bali (DPS)

Chicago (ORD) - $564
Los Angeles (LAX) - $564
New York City (JFK) - $596
San Francisco (SFO) - $564
Seattle (SEA) - $587

WHEN: Varies by origin. Generally October through November 2018, including Thanksgiving, and January through early March 2019.

NORMAL PRICE: $1,200

AIRLINE: EVA

BUY BY: We think these fares will last 1-2 days

--------------------------------------------------------

That's temptinggggggggggggg

Been thinking about Bali as well for a honeymoon - will also be delaying until the beginning of next year based on our respective schedules (wedding is October 13). We are probably going to go on a smaller short trip after the wedding just to have a couple days off to relax.

Been thinking about Bali as well for a honeymoon - will also be delaying until the beginning of next year based on our respective schedules (wedding is October 13). We are probably going to go on a smaller short trip after the wedding just to have a couple days off to relax.

Congrats on the sex, see y'all there!

Alright fine I guess I'll just take over this thread, sorry.

Any recommendations for locations to take engagement pictures? Just needs to be within 2.5 hours of Winston, per photographer. I think the fiance is looking for a woods/tall grass layout but probably open to anything if an idea is placed in front of her.

If looking for the woods & grass, head up to boone and the surrounding area. Things should be starting to bloom as the weather warms up. Could always find a spot on the parkway.

Alright fine I guess I'll just take over this thread, sorry.

Any recommendations for locations to take engagement pictures? Just needs to be within 2.5 hours of Winston, per photographer. I think the fiance is looking for a woods/tall grass layout but probably open to anything if an idea is placed in front of her.

Reynolda +/- Graylyn? Meadows, gardens, woods, etc.

Biltmore?

Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden?

Congratulations! Enjoy.

Wife picked out her ring and I bought it. Only surprise was the proposal.

It is her favorite ring, why not get her that one? She is picky though so who knows.

Did you pick out the diamond or just 100% go with what she said?

Question for the rest: if the gf picked out the specs and said what carat she wanted and everything, do I just follow that? Or should I go for the slightly nicer or bigger diamond?

You could go same carat but top of the line on clarity and color, which would make it look larger anyways.

If it's above a certain clarity/color (typically >VS2 and >G if I remember from way too much research last year) , it's virtually impossible to tell the difference with the naked eye - not sure I'd splurge there. I'd probably go for the extra carat weight.

Also, a rec on what I did was go to a couple local stores, find stones I really liked, shop online for the exact same specs, and then email those prices as counter offers. One store wouldn't come close to matching the price while the other actually beat the online price by a bit, and offered free resizing, cleaning, etc. Saved me a lot of money for the exact same stone I would have bought.

Perhaps embed diamonds in the band, too? Or in the wedding band. Smaller, less expensive diamonds, but they make an impression.

Unless you have reason to believe she's giving you all the specific info as a trap, just get her what she wants.
I know that personally, if I had specified a size of diamond, it's because I do. not. want. a bigger stone. Bigger =/= better in the eye of the wearer.

Reasonable specs? Go with it. Unreasonable specs for your circumstances? Get out now.

Did you pick out the diamond or just 100% go with what she said?

Question for the rest: if the gf picked out the specs and said what carat she wanted and everything, do I just follow that? Or should I go for the slightly nicer or bigger diamond?

Get her something smaller to prepare her for the disappointment of life spent with a Wake fan.

If it's above a certain clarity/color (typically >VS2 and >G if I remember from way too much research last year) , it's virtually impossible to tell the difference with the naked eye - not sure I'd splurge there. I'd probably go for the extra carat weight.

Also, a rec on what I did was go to a couple local stores, find stones I really liked, shop online for the exact same specs, and then email those prices as counter offers. One store wouldn't come close to matching the price while the other actually beat the online price by a bit, and offered free resizing, cleaning, etc. Saved me a lot of money for the exact same stone I would have bought.

I loved your engagement photos.

Back