• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Engagement Rings

For those interested - went with 1.35 ct, VS1, H color, Tiffany cut round solitare. I appreciate all the advice. Now I just have to figure out how to ask her...

Tie it to your dick and ask her to touch it in a hotel bathroom.

For those interested - went with 1.35 ct, VS1, H color, Tiffany cut round solitare. I appreciate all the advice. Now I just have to figure out how to ask her...

Congrats on the purchase, how long to you expect to sit on it? That was the hardest week of my life. I was so ready to not be responsible for it anymore, and to actually be engaged.

Congrats on the purchase, how long to you expect to sit on it? That was the hardest week of my life. I was so ready to not be responsible for it anymore, and to actually be engaged.

I knew when the ring was purchased and then had to wait for a little over a month/had no IDEA when he was going to ask. That was agony!

I'm friends with a couple who had an equally agonizing time. The guy talked to the girl's father in May, planning to propose in early June. Dad was not very discreet, and girl learned very quickly of the conversation. Guy, of course, had no idea that she knew. Then, he got in a car accident and had to spend a decent chunk of the money he was about to spend on the ring to fix the car. So his plan for early June got pushed back to early August so he could get the money back together.

Girl says it was the most agonizing summer of her life. I believe it. I know it wasn't much fun for the guy either, though.

Aw man that is a rough break. Definitely not quite so bad for us because I did know that we were getting married this summer but still tough not being able to celebrate and share!

I knew when the ring was purchased and then had to wait for a little over a month/had no IDEA when he was going to ask. That was agony!

Our jeweler didn't realize that he dropped a little hint that I was able to figure out the day it was purchased. I was in there that afternoon to purchase his engagement gift (which I haven't given yet) and saw on his appointment book that the fiance was coming in that evening, when the fiance claimed he was going to be working late. It arrived a month later. He sat with the ring in his pocket for 2 weeks and proposed a week earlier than planned because 1) he couldn't sit on it any longer and 2) the perfect opportunity arose. I'm glad he didn't do it when he had originally planned! The whole month waiting on the ring to arrive and then waiting for him to propose was horrible. Thankfully I had a work assignment that was occupying my time and due to that work assignment he was able to throw me off with the proposal timing.

Best of luck to you. Dont let the pressure of it get to you, and enjoy it. Make it a fun process rather than stress over every little detail.

Had a friend who wanted to propose to his (now) wife on their vacation to Australia. Problem was, he didn't want to let the ring out of his sight (i.e. check it), but he was freaked out about getting searched at the TSA line and having her find out.

Turns out he made it through with the ring in a box in a carry-on and she was none-the-wiser. But he sought advice from about 10 different people.

Had a friend who wanted to propose to his (now) wife on their vacation to Australia. Problem was, he didn't want to let the ring out of his sight (i.e. check it), but he was freaked out about getting searched at the TSA line and having her find out.

Turns out he made it through with the ring in a box in a carry-on and she was none-the-wiser. But he sought advice from about 10 different people.

meet-the-parents.jpg

Well for some reason I lost a post, but here is a shorter version

1) you are crazy if you think you can get a well good, good color, 3 carat stone for 15-20k

2) whoever said diamonds are a good investment needs to look into what you get when you resell diamonds: hint, it isn't much

if youre looking for over 90th percentile diamond, you can hardly find even a 1 carat stone for 9k

I got my girl a flawless candy rock engagement ring. It's infinity carats.

ring-pop--large-msg-123624553005.jpg

I'm glad someone brought this back. I didn't know it was already a thread and I was going to make it here soon. Thanks for the advice. PS. Yall got some serious $$$

Back