• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

wake20

Reaction score
Tom Davis, Sports Editor, The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Indiana)

Tom Davis ‏@Tom101010 1h
Wake Forest fb job just opened. Pains me to say this, but @Pete_Lembo is absolutely perfect for that job. He's gone (in my opinion).

Tom Davis ‏@Tom101010 1h
@Pete_Lembo recruits the southeast tremndously, knows the HS fb coaches well in NC and is academically-suited to coach at a private univ ...

Tom Davis ‏@Tom101010 1h
There is not a more perfect fit than @Pete_Lembo and Wake Forest.

Tom Davis ‏@Tom101010 1h
@Pete_Lembo and @BCCoachStevens are the best coaches I've ever seen. Wake Forest will win 8-9 games every year under Lembo.

Tom Davis ‏@Tom101010 1h
If Wake Forest doesn't hire - not just intvw, but hire - @Pete_Lembo, somebody there needs a lobotomy.

Ball State coach imparts 'unusual' skill set in achieving greatness

Discuss.

Last edited:
Does Tom Davis think its a good fit ?

Hearing outside impressions of Wake without the LOWF bullshit is so refreshing.

Maybe we can hire their AD, too: Notre Dame history, made what seems like a progressive bball hire, history as a fundraiser.

Sounds alot like the Sonny Randle quotes about Jim Grobe when we hired him.

Need to make sure Tom Davis and Wellman are not friends. I wouldn't put it past Ron to devise a scheme like this.

Knew Pete Lembo during his time at Elon and he's a great football mind and great coach. Heck of a recruiter too who understands what it takes to get football players at a tough private institution. Plus he and his wife loved North Carolina and from what I have heard, would love nothing more than to come back down this way.

He's my first choice FWIW.

Pete Lembo should absolutely be our first call. Won at Lehigh, won at Elon, won at Ball State. Those aren't easy jobs.

He definitely sounds like the perfect fit to build on what Grobe started, hard to argue there. The way people talk about him reminds me of Prosser. Wellman needs a hire that connects with the alumni base given all his problems.

If we don't land the Nard Dooze this guy would be pretty tight.

He definitely sounds like the perfect fit to build on what Grobe started, hard to argue there. The way people talk about him reminds me of Prosser. Wellman needs a hire that connects with the alumni base given all his proble.

We need an excellent football coach. There is no way around it. Lembo sounds too good to be true.

I saw what Coach Lembo did for an Elon program that was in the toilet...I believe he would be a perfect fit at Wake....

Shows how much Grobe elevated the program in his time. Even with social media being present like it is today, I don't think anyone would have been saying these things back in 2000.

Back