• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome Dave Clawson - 430PM Presser (Clawson Wins Presser, OGB Gets E-Boners)

This is a great hire. Sure he was part of a dismal UT program but that ship was sinking with or without Clawson. I can tell you what I saw. One time I was at a Champs in Richmond, and the Spiders came in. William & Mary had just creamed them the year prior. I was talking to some of the kids and I could see that the freshman and sophomores were jacked up compared to the upper class men. I remember thinking that these guys have turned the corner, and the program flourished through the end of Clawson and through the London years.

Building a program does not happen overnight. I think that any doubt will erased over time. Clawson has built three programs out of dust. He will do it again.

Thanks, mags and congratulations on Frankin's progress and the great hire.

Thanks. Franklin saw an opportunity he could not refuse. Good luck to him, just quit calling the commits he recruited while on our dime. Excited about the next chapter. Anchor down!

This is a great hire. Sure he was part of a dismal UT program but that ship was sinking with or without Clawson. I can tell you what I saw. One time I was at a Champs in Richmond, and the Spiders came in. William & Mary had just creamed them the year prior. I was talking to some of the kids and I could see that the freshman and sophomores were jacked up compared to the upper class men. I remember thinking that these guys have turned the corner, and the program flourished through the end of Clawson and through the London years.

Building a program does not happen overnight. I think that any doubt will erased over time. Clawson has built three programs out of dust. He will do it again.

London owes his job at UVA, and the checks that accompany it, to Dave Clawson.

Back