• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My top 50 albums of 2013

since you have holter's album at 26, you have to have "Maxim's I" track in top 100, right? Love that song.

crazy that this is the worst of the three albums she's put out in the past 3 years, and it's still SO GOOD. ekstasis got horribly overlooked IMO. it'll be tough to choose single songs from albums like this and boards of canada that are such good cohesive wholes.

this was my first introduction to her, so guess I better listen to the other albums.

Of all of them, I have to say that Local Natives probably stood above the rest.

I went to go see them in Charleston, but they sold out 30 minutes before I got there. I had tickets to see them at House of Blues in Chicago, but didn't fly up. Hopefully they come to NC in 2014.

Amazing production and super catchy beats on that HAIM album

Parquet Courts - Stoned and Starving is hilarious

Explain. Did Patrick go diva?

discdude was at the show with me, he can back me up here, but like halfway through a song in the second half of the set, the band just stopped playing, and patrick turns to the drummer and goes "DO YOU NOT WANT TO BE HERE RIGHT NOW? Cause you can just leave if that's the case." and dude just walked off the stage. and they played the rest of the set with the drummer from the opening band.

discdude was at the show with me, he can back me up here, but like halfway through a song in the second half of the set, the band just stopped playing, and patrick turns to the drummer and goes "DO YOU NOT WANT TO BE HERE RIGHT NOW? Cause you can just leave if that's the case." and dude just walked off the stage. and they played the rest of the set with the drummer from the opening band.

Holy shit. Eric is the only other early Andronicus member. Fuck I hope that was a temporary thing.

He was rad as hell when we brought the band to campus a few years ago.

Parquet Courts - Stoned and Starving is hilarious

I mentioned this on the chatthread the other day, but the freaking feedback stuff at the end -- at least 45 seconds worth on the album recording -- almost totally turned me off of the song. Had I not seen them live, I would have changed the frequency immediately.

He was rad as hell when we brought the band to campus a few years ago.

Was there. Pretty sweet show, even though I am not really into the band. Lots of sweet Wake hipsters there.

When they played in DC Patrick got so wasted that the lead singer of the So So Glos had to come sing "backup" for the last hour. They did a bunch of covers and turned off Patrick's mike for the last four or five.

When they played in DC Patrick got so wasted that the lead singer of the So So Glos had to come sing "backup" for the last hour. They did a bunch of covers and turned off Patrick's mike for the last four or five.

he's had troubles. i guess the new direction of the band, him shaving off his beard and all that, he was trying to clean himself up. the first two albums are straight whiskey soaked, and they were raw and incredible live. the latest album is clearly not that, and a sober patrick and a completely different band is just not as good, i'm sad to say. so i'm surprised on this recent tour he got super wasted again, since i thought he was trying to stay more dry these days. hope he can figure it out.

he's had troubles. i guess the new direction of the band, him shaving off his beard and all that, he was trying to clean himself up. the first two albums are straight whiskey soaked, and they were raw and incredible live. the latest album is clearly not that, and a sober patrick and a completely different band is just not as good, i'm sad to say. so i'm surprised on this recent tour he got super wasted again, since i thought he was trying to stay more dry these days. hope he can figure it out.

I talked to him for a sec a few weeks ago. He is a weird dude. Seemed sober though. They opened for some awful alt country metal POS band.

I heard he was anorexic, but then I read something that said he just will only eat certain things, basically like a spoiled kid that will only eat a PBJ with the crust torn off, and he cant find that stuff on the road, so he just doesnt eat. He was also wearing a fanny pack with nothing in it.

They opened for some awful alt country metal POS band.

That band is the reason I didn't drive to Asheville to see them on their latest tour. Couldn't believe Titus was opening for them.

I heard he was anorexic, but then I read something that said he just will only eat certain things, basically like a spoiled kid that will only eat a PBJ with the crust torn off, and he cant find that stuff on the road, so he just doesnt eat. He was also wearing a fanny pack with nothing in it.

He only ate cheese pizza when we took him to the Pit the morning after the show. Band members confirmed afterwards that he has peculiar eating habits.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the Avicii album, but not sure if it is worthy of your list or not.

Much respect for this list. Very similar to what my tastes are and you included pretty much everything I have been listening to this year. One album I would include is Blood Orange- Cupid Deluxe.

Here is a song off it:

Also, for those that are giving love to Chvrches, this song isnt off their album but I thought it was a great cover:

Much respect for this list. Very similar to what my tastes are and you included pretty much everything I have been listening to this year. One album I would include is Blood Orange- Cupid Deluxe.

Here is a song off it:

Just got this last week. Like it. Sort of like the Weeknd but better.

Back