• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TWITTER EMBEDDING

Last edited:
I know that a move to new board software is maybe in the future but is there any way to get a tweet button in the interim?

just copy/paste the whole twitter URL with the new software

just did it in the PL thread and was surprised to see how quickly it worked!

Pasted

Yeah the old tweet tag/BB code still works just to preserve functionality with older posts that used it.

FTR, both work for me on the web (Chrome) but the old BB code does not appear to render on Tapatalk.
Correct, it never has (not in the last 2 years worth of versions anyway). That's why I'd encourage just posting links instead of using the old way.

Yeah, it's been iffy for awhile (don't know if it's specifically version related or due to something else like "it has to load in a certain time or else we'll just render the URL to keep tapa seeming fast"), at least one thread on it just down below: https://ogboards.com/threads/tapatalk-not-showing-embedded-tweets.33208/ but that's really on them.. I think the new twitter embed does a better job forcing a twitter placeholder early (with an addon I put in) which may help mitigate that if it's the latter

Embedding isn’t working on Tapatalk over the last day or so.

Back