• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retained Grobe Staff

popodeac

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Clawson chooses to retain any of Grobe's staff in the coming days.

NO to any of the coaches from the AF/Ohio tree. I would be fine with Beilin, Heimy, Stubefield and the secondary coach. They were the only ones doing anything decent on recruiting. The rest have no tread on their tires

NO to any of the coaches from the AF/Ohio tree. I would be fine with Beilin, Heimy, Stubefield and the secondary coach. They were the only ones doing anything decent on recruiting. The rest have no tread on their tires

This would be my list of possibles as well. If they are not our better recruiters- bye bye. The "administrative" coaches/staff/suits need to go to. Clean it all out.

Elrod deserves a chance, he's an alum. There has to be a place for him, even if in the AD somewhere.

Elrod deserves a chance, he's an alum. There has to be a place for him, even if in the AD somewhere.

Nothing against Elrod but isn't that what so many people fault Wellman and Grobe for, hiring/retaining people based on connections not qualifications?

None of them should be allowed to ever step foot on campus or a football field again.

They were all told on Tuesday of last week to clean out their offices and be out by Thursday. That's a pretty solid sign that none of them will be allowed to stay.

He should keep none of them, nor should he be asked to.

They were all told on Tuesday of last week to clean out their offices and be out by Thursday. That's a pretty solid sign that none of them will be allowed to stay.

Good news. Our fans are way too sentimental.

Elrod needs to use his degree to find job outside of Wake like the rest of us. Same goes for Rusty and Randolph.

Last edited:
Just like most every coaching transition, some coaches from the former staff will be allowed to interview for positions (depending on who Coach Clawson brings with him). If Clawson decides to keep 1 or more coaches to maintain continuity, great. If not, great.

This will be nothing like Coach [Redacted]'s decision to retain staff.

Just like most every coaching transition, some coaches from the former staff will be allowed to interview for positions (depending on who Coach Clawson brings with him). If Clawson decides to keep 1 or more coaches to maintain continuity, great. If not, great.

This will be nothing like Coach [Redacted]'s decision to retain staff.

This ^^ is how it should roll. Clawson's call 100% on if he wants to consider any of them.

Clawson will/should be free to pick his staff. Have no problem if one or two from Grobe's staff remains or if Clawson has a completely new staff. Ridiculous to act like retaining an assistant or two would be a bad thing as it might help with retaining certain commits and getting Clawson up to speed with the roster. BTW, still think Elrod could be head coach material someday. Would love to see him climb the coaching ladder (away from WF), and then return in the future. Really do not understand the animosity toward the out-going assistants outside of the OC and DC.

It's time for a fresh start.

Quick question guys...

How does this whole thing work? What I'm trying to ask is, do his assistants stay behind at BG for the bowl game and then when that's over....he tries to bring as many with him to Wake while BG works on hiring a new HC or makes one of the coordinators the new HC? It's been so long since I've paid attention to the actual details of a football hire that I cant remember. Seems like it would be hard for one man to sit by himself for 2-3 weeks doing all of the recruiting, talking/keeping current players and trying to do all of the little things a new coach has to do like finding a home, making sure his family gets everything together, the actual "Moving" part, Christmas shopping (laugh if you will....but dude is a family man. It takes time), oh and other things like getting to know the faculty and media and making all of the important connections in an area in which you've never been. Just curious how all of this is supposed to work. Thanks for any input.

Back