• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is this selfie maybe a little classless or is it somewhat epic?

Epic or Classless?

• Total voters

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
Please try to be fair and don't vote for or against just because it's President Obama. Oh yeah, forgot the context; he's at Nelson Mandela's funeral.
BbJp7CgIAAED6ZJ.png:large

Last edited:
michelle is having none of it. must be classless*.

* i am ok with it.

Also, for the tag asking about who are the other 2, one is English Prime Minister David Cameron and the other is Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt.

MANDELA-THORNE-OBA_2761649c.jpg

MANDELA-OBAMAS_2761659c.jpg

I thought a selfie was when you took a picture of only yourself.

It's definitely not epic. Classless is relative, especially when the memorial looked like this:

NM-memorial-1.jpg

The ceremony was energetic, not sobering, so that probably helped lead to the selfie moment. When the president is shaking hands with Raul Castro its puts the dynamic there in perspective. Probably shouldn't have agreed to the photo, but it's easy to see how it happened.

I don't think it's either but I definitely don't think it was appropriate for any of the heads of state to be doing it (even with what the SA public was doing) so voted on the classless side.

It's definitely not epic. Classless is relative, especially when the memorial looked like this:

NM-memorial-1.jpg

The ceremony was energetic, not sobering, so that probably helped lead to the selfie moment. When the president is shaking hands with Raul Castro its puts the dynamic there in perspective. Probably shouldn't have agreed to the photo, but it's easy to see how it happened.

Yep. A celebration of life. Sometimes I forget white people funerals are depressing.

classless, but only because un-Presidential wasn't an option.

Two world leaders there. You think both are un-Presidential?

My question is, who is getting that Snapchat? Biden? Hillary or John Kerry? I bet he doesn't send one to Boehner. Does the president regularly snapchat his cabinet? Are snapchats common on Captiol Hill? If there was ever a documentary on politicians and social media/everyday stuff I would totally be fascinated. I'm only like 60% joking. One of my favorite parts of House of Cards is how Frank Underwood loves Call of Duty.

Yep. A celebration of life. Sometimes I forget white people funerals are depressing.

Two world leaders there. You think both are un-Presidential?

Three, actually. And only one is un-Presidential. The other two are un-Prime Ministery or whatever the word for that is.

Last edited:
i do appreciate that our arbiter of class is the dude that knowingly slept with a chick with aids.

hopefully she used lube to avoid open blisters then.

Back