• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My top 100 tracks of 2013

[Lazy]Spotify playlist please[/Lazy]

if somebody else wants to work on that, that'd be cool

my personal comp at home is too old to support spotify WHADDUP ORIGINAL MACBOOK and i can't d/l at work and it'd be a pain to do all that ish on the phone

srybro

though you know, that'd be a dope API for spotify to implement something like this where you could like batch process a list of like 50 or so songs at a time of various artists and they'd auto-make a playlist. i'd pay a buck or two for each one of those fosho.

I know I'm not the hippest dude in the world, but I can honest to God say that I haven't heard a single one of those songs. Not one. I watched the YouTube video of "Blurred Lines" just to make sure I wasn't missing something earth-shattering. I feel much better now. If that's the best song of the year, then music is officially fucked.

Townie, any particular reason you picked Bound 2 from the Yeezus album? It seems to me that tonally and lyrically it doesn't fit in with the more industrial sound of the rest of the album. Comparing it to the first four tracks, the sample and production sounds a lot more like something he would have done on College Dropout.

Townie, any particular reason you picked Bound 2 from the Yeezus album? It seems to me that tonally and lyrically it doesn't fit in with the more industrial sound of the rest of the album. Comparing it to the first four tracks, the sample and production sounds a lot more like something he would have done on College Dropout.

I really agree with you dude, and I'm interested to hear Townie's response. I like Bound 2 a lot, but I think it's really a weird inclusion for the Yeezus album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MBDTF had "See Me Now" at the end, and that had a similar vibe

Poor Spencer Krug. Left out on both of Townie's lists for possibly the first time ever(?) :tear: :tear:

I really agree with you dude, and I'm interested to hear Townie's response. I like Bound 2 a lot, but I think it's really a weird inclusion for the Yeezus album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MBDTF had "See Me Now" at the end, and that had a similar vibe

So I'm probably an irregular Kanye fan. I've made my thoughts known about him on here before. I think his best three album run was his first three albums. I still liked MBDTF and Yeezus, but not nearly as much as most people and especially not as much as most critics. I think what most people have always thought though, that he's an insanely talented producer, one of the best on the planet. I wish he'd do more features on his albums. I wish he'd never gotten so enormously huge and was still working for our approval and cred instead of trying to be political and artistic and God.

I think you nailed it when you said Bound 2 sounded like it belonged on an earlier album. Though if I made this list again, I'd maybe pick an instrumental version of one of the songs. Most of the lyrics turn me off so hard I can't even appreciate how good the tracks are. "Hurry up with my damn croissants" and all that.

Poor Spencer Krug. Left out on both of Townie's lists for possibly the first time ever(?) :tear: :tear:

Thought the Moonface album was just ok. Cokemachineglow loved it. It'll show up on their list for sure. I was way more into the Frog Eyes album. Carey better pull through this throat cancer.

Back