• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

universal orlando tips

i was there last week. stayed at portofino so had express pass. but, the park was so deserted on thurs, fri and even saturday that even the main harry potter attraction had its longest wait at 20 minutes for those without express pass. food sucks at all of the locations in both universal parks but they do sell beer. had a hogwarts and a duff while i was there. tough to do both parks in one day and a split park ticket costs more than a single park ticket. decent food at universal city walk but pricey (and typical chain ie margaritville and hard rock), but if you are staying late better to eat dinner there than in the parks. IoA is the better park if you are just doing one....has more real motion rides and both the hulk and harry potter dragon coasters are great. the only real motion rides at main universal are the mummy and the rockit, both great especially the mummy. but most other rides there are simulators rather than real rides. butter beer at HPW is good but expensive, get one for the family to split. also, the longest line anywhere is for olivanders at HPW for a 5 minute show. convince the kids to skip it.

who the fuck goes to orlando and picks universal instead of disney

Why would you go to Orlando to ride roller coasters?
:confused:
By roller coasters, do you mean theme parks in general? Because why the fuck would you go to Orlando if not for theme parks, and subsequently, why the fuck would you go to theme parks if not for the rides?

Have you been to Disney? You don't go there for rollercoasters.

We're staying at a Disney resort and going to both. Haven't been to Disney in 3 years. Haven't ever been to IoA.

Which resort?

Why does BDZ have such a boner for Disney when he doesn't even have kids, that's a mystery. He must really like the princesses or something..

I don't have a boner for Disney, but it's clearly a better park than Universal Studios, even on the repeat visit. Universal is like the Zune of Orlando theme parks.

I don't have a boner for Disney, but it's clearly a better park than Universal Studios, even on the repeat visit. Universal is like the Zune of Orlando theme parks.

mTTA0z3.jpg

Lol, if you're an adult Universal (and IofA in particular) is easily the better park. If you have kids, Disney wins.

Last time I went we did two days at Disney and most of the time I just wanted to shoot myself between dodging strollers/angry moms and the scarcity of good rides (and the ridiculous lines to get on those).

And HP-world nails the theme side of things better than anything at Disney too, so now they win at that as well.

Lol, if you're an adult Universal (and IofA in particular) is easily the better park. If you have kids, Disney wins.

Last time I went we did two days at Disney and most of the time I just wanted to shoot myself between dodging strollers/angry moms and the scarcity of good rides (and the ridiculous lines to get on those).

And HP-world nails the theme side of things better than anything at Disney too, so now they win at that as well.

The public school filth with the festering stump of an arm gets it.

World beer challenge at epcot is a fun, adult time. Last time I tried it, Canada was out of Molson's and was serving trois pistoles for the same price. Jackpot.

Back