• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Things from the 80's that you haven't thought about in over 10 years

I did the superbar a lot as a kid. Always went nachos/mexican bar though. Dat gross fake yellow cheese was apparently all I really wanted as a child.

so true, man. i'd cross over and get the curly pasta topped with goo FTW

Another 80's restaurant highlight: Book-It at Pizza Hut -- free pizza coupons for kids as a reward for reading books. Actually after googling apparently this is still going on. I'm owed a lot of pizza from all the books I've read since age 12.

Pizza Hut itself was so popular when I was a kid. I remember waiting in line with my family for over an hour to get into Pizza Hut. I cannot fathom waiting to get into a Pizza Hut now.

Another 80's restaurant highlight: Book-It at Pizza Hut -- free pizza coupons for kids as a reward for reading books. Actually after googling apparently this is still going on. I'm owed a lot of pizza from all the books I've read since age 12.

Pizza Hut itself was so popular when I was a kid. I remember waiting in line with my family for over an hour to get into Pizza Hut. I cannot fathom waiting to get into a Pizza Hut now.

Free personal pan pizza for reading? Challenge accepted. Had so many of those.
Pizza inn used to give pizzas for good grades, too.

My trick was to buy the potato bar, which was cheaper than the superbar, then load superbar items onto the potato. Hey I was a poor, yet unscrupulous, college student back then.

My trick was to buy the potato bar, which was cheaper than the superbar, then load superbar items onto the potato. Hey I was a poor, yet unscrupulous, college student back then.

so you were so poor you had to steal from the SuperBar

FUCK. YES.

turtlesmusic.png

trapper-kepper-car1.jpg

vag1.gif

At NC Pizza Huts in the 80s, during march madness they used to give out mini basketballs for ACC schools. Those were money. I used to have like a dozen and destroyed them all.

I used to go to the Pizza Hut on Reynolda every week and get a free personal pizza because I was a reading maniac. Although this was in the 90's, so maybe it doesn't belong here. I don't remember anything from the 80's.

At NC Pizza Huts in the 80s, during march madness they used to give out mini basketballs for ACC schools. Those were money. I used to have like a dozen and destroyed them all.
Forgot about those -- I had a Georgetown ball that was my favorite. Georgetown was the coolest college team in the 80's/early 90's.

Another classic Pizza Hut giveaway was the Back to the Future II sunglasses:
PizzaHutSolarShades.jpg

Pizza Hut (maybe Dominos) used to sell regulation size bballs with all of a conference's team logos on it around tourney time. Could only get the SEC one in my neck of the woods, but my grandad hooked me up with the ACC one which I still have at home I think.

Everytime I see the name Laura Ingels Wilder, I think/smell/taste personal pan pizza

my b. it was Hardee's

$T2eC16J,!ygE9s7HHoUYBR)2zDF1)w~~60_35.JPG

Pizza Hut had Final Four balls and I had a couple

I still have one of those Final Four ballz.

Remember the old McDonalds glasses??

my b. it was Hardee's

$T2eC16J,!ygE9s7HHoUYBR)2zDF1)w~~60_35.JPG

Pizza Hut had Final Four balls and I had a couple

We totally had those.

Also did the Pizza Hut reading thing ALL THE TIME. And had some of those sweet shades. There's a decent chance some of them are at my parents' house somewhere.

Pizza Hut also used to have collectible glasses all the time. We had a ton of Smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, etc.

mJC01BTy5THVf-CO9qwwcSw.jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!ogFI(i4wSpzBSG4gtsoJ!~~60_35.JPG

I miss the 80s.

I thought about this the other day and this thread reminded me of it: everyone shits on the 90s, but it just isn't retro enough yet. If the 80s can be cool again then the 90s' time is coming.

Disclosure: I'm sort of in a 90s cover band

I thought about this the other day and this thread reminded me of it: everyone shits on the 90s, but it just isn't retro enough yet. If the 80s can be cool again then the 90s' time is coming.

IF YOU COULD ONLY SEE THE WAY SHE LOVES ME

What are the 10 best covers that you guys do? I fucking love 90s music. Still pretty much all I listen to.

Back