• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 128 - CHRISTMAS VACATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
now that, I have no idea.

Oooops! :embarrassed: but what does he mean by "one of those pear things"? A pear shaped baby monitor?

Probably means "au pair" usually a young woman (late teens) who comes to the US from another country, works as a live-in nanny, but is also supposed to be learning about the US culture etc. They usually stay a year and then return home. They usually only work about forty hours a week so there is time for them to immerse in US culture.

Probably means "au pair" usually a young woman (late teens) who comes to the US from another country, works as a live-in nanny, but is also supposed to be learning about the US culture etc. They usually stay a year and then return home. They usually only work about forty hours a week so there is time for them to immerse in US culture.

lol this.

cookout often speaks in riddles. Twins often have their own language that they use with one another and are slow to adopt their native tongue. Just look at all the words he misspells and his odd twists of phrase.
June and Jennifer Gibbons (born 11 April 1963; Jennifer died in 1993) were identical twins who grew up in Wales. They became known as "The Silent Twins" owing to their choice to communicate only with their immediate family. They began writing works of fiction but turned to crime in a bid for recognition. Both women were committed to Broadmoor Hospital where they were held for 14 years.
Their language became even more idiosyncratic at this time. Soon it was unintelligible to others. Their language, or idioglossia, qualified as an example of cryptophasia, exemplified by the twins' simultaneous actions, which often mirrored each other. It came to pass that the twins spoke to no one except each other and their younger sister Rose.[1]

When the twins turned 14, a succession of therapists tried unsuccessfully to get them to communicate with others. They were sent to separate boarding schools in an attempt to break their isolation, but the pair became catatonic and entirely withdrawn when parted.[1]
According to Wallace, the girls had a long agreement that if one died, the other must begin to speak and live a normal life. During their stay in the hospital, they began to believe that it was necessary for one twin to die, and after much discussion, Jennifer agreed to be the sacrifice.[2] In March 1993, the twins were transferred from Broadmoor to the more open Caswell Clinic in Bridgend, Wales; on arrival Jennifer could not be roused.[3] She was taken to the hospital where she died soon after of acute myocarditis, a sudden inflammation of the heart.[3] There was no evidence of drugs or poison in her system, and her death remains a mystery.[4][5] On a visit a few days later, Wallace recounted that June "was in a strange mood. She said, 'I'm free at last, liberated, and at last Jennifer has given up her life for me.'"[3]

After Jennifer's death, June gave interviews with Harper's Bazaar and The Guardian.[6] By 2008, she was living quietly and independently, near her parents in West Wales.[5] She is no longer followed by psychiatry services; accepted by her community, she seeks to put the past behind her.[3]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_and_Jennifer_Gibbons

Where do you live?

Raleigh. I may actually try something like a boot camp or fly wheel that can get me a good workout quickly. That part is okay, it's the doing it at the asscrack of dawn part that sucks, especially in winter.

interestingly enough, i don't even bat an eye when I see shaved dudes anymore. If anything, when I see super hairy legs I immediately think, "Well, I know they don't ride a bike..." and that's almost a tic against them.

That's cause you're cavorting with swimmers and bikers who shave their legs for practical reasons. This dude today probably couldn't run a quarter mile, and if you tossed him in a pool he'd probably sink like a rock. But, each individual thigh on this dude was as big around as my entire torso, so he does have that going for him.

Not gonna lie, I'm legit freaked out by twins.
grady.jpg

When Numbers and Doofus were posting 10 billion times a day on every thread a few years ago, I always had this vision of the two of them sitting at their respective desks in their shared Wake Forest dorm room posting at the same time, often the same thread, often responding to each other.

Now our old apartment company is trying to fuck us.

$25 for a phantom broken microwave handle?
$55 for our last water bill?

Water bill was billed directly to me. We also didn't live there for our last two months of our lease.

Oh you have pictures of the microwave but no dates? Sound worthless to me then.

Oh, you mailed our check and it was returned? Funny. All of our other mail made it to JAX.

No. You had a tenant move 5 hours away and figured he'd never show up again. You figured you could fuck him and he'd say "aw shucks. Not worth the hassle."

Let me show you what happens, Larry.

Water bill was billed directly to me. We also didn't live there for our last two months of our lease.

Oh, you mailed our check and it was returned? Funny. All of our other mail made it to JAX.

No. You had a tenant move 5 hours away and figured he'd never show up again. You figured you could fuck him and he'd say "aw shucks. Not worth the hassle."

awwwww shit

ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeah.

Their language became even more idiosyncratic at this time. Soon it was unintelligible to others. Their language, or idioglossia, qualified as an example of cryptophasia, exemplified by the twins' simultaneous actions, which often mirrored each other.

Wow. such corrupt. so jargon. much meme.
Notice the similarity in how they communicate (if you can even call that communication)? That's cookout type posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back