• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good Used Laptops/Notebooks?

DemonDEKEn

Reaction score
I need a good used laptop just for basic personal use...internet, e-mail, creating documents and spreadsheets. Any recommendations on reliable brands, minimum processor speeds, minimum RAM, minimum hard drive size, etc...that I could get for less than $200?
Thanks.

i bought a dell xps M1530 brand new in 2008 and it's still better than alot of the shit i see coming out these days. you could probably find a used one for cheap. also this thing is freaking indestructible, always seems to fix itself somehow...

has a hdmi port, 3 usb ports, internet jack for gaming/landlines, cd/dvd burner, 15" screen, fingerprint scanner, 1394 jack, expresscard 54, firewire, svideo, and vga jacks, two headphone jacks and a remote control. definitely worth checking out.

$200? Wow, I can't imagine you'll get anything worth much for that. I recently bought an ASUS for work and spent around $500 for it. Has been exactly what I needed. It's not fancy, but I run an EMR, internet, e mail on it and nothing much else. Sounds similar to what you're doing with yours. No gaming and no processor intensive stuff.

I am trying to sell my Asus if you are interested, not for $200 but I'd take like $100 off whatever the going rate is for used Asus comps

Back