• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Quiet Pint?

I went with some friends a few weeks ago (opening weekend I think?) just to drink/hang out at the bar. I didn't particularly like it for that as the bar section tends to get crowded pretty quickly, and they also had tapped out 3 or 4 kegs already, though that's probably just growing pains. The menu/food looked pretty good so I'll probs go back to check it out for dinner at some point.

Food was decent. Beer selection pretty good. A little on the pricey side. Not quiet at all. Crowded and loud.

food isn't bad, bar is fine if you get a seat; can be really crowded

I heard its filthy w/ hipsters.

Got semi-creepily accosted by the chef as I was leaving last night. Asked me if I "liked exotic animals". Like pythons or sharks. Said to check the facebook group and that they were gonna have something like that maybe the 3rd Wednesday of the month or something.

Took me until I got in my car and started leaving the lot before I realized he was cooking and serving those things.

Got semi-creepily accosted by the chef as I was leaving last night. Asked me if I "liked exotic animals". Like pythons or sharks. Said to check the facebook group and that they were gonna have something like that maybe the 3rd Wednesday of the month or something.

Took me until I got in my car and started leaving the lot before I realized he was cooking and serving those things.

Local place here in Durham does "Exotic Meat Month" once a year. I had an ostrich burger there last March

http://www.bullcityburgerandbrewery.com/Bull_City_Burger_and_Brewery/Exotic_Meat_Month.html

#bbdlovesexoticmeat

They have a dozen beers on tap, and they're not anything really unusual. I was expecting a better menu when he called in whomever it was to construct it, but it's really uninteresting, like 6 of 7 sandwiches are burgers. Not a bad place, but nothing to really set them apart from First Street, which has more beer and food options 100ft away.

Oh man, didn't realize it was over there. Is it in the same building as Twin City Diner or across the street? You weren't kidding about it being like 100 feet from the Draught House.

I have been twice since it opened a few weeks ago and I really enjoy it. They had Chef Duffy from the show Bar Rescue come consult when making it and I actually think it has a lot of good food. The flat breads are some of my favorite in town and we liked the meatballs and fries. I would agree that it is not exactly "quiet" but I will definitely be going back again.

Oh man, didn't realize it was over there. Is it in the same building as Twin City Diner or across the street? You weren't kidding about it being like 100 feet from the Draught House.

across the street. checking it out tonight

The Quiet Pint. What an incredibly stupid name for a bar. Why didn't they just go all out and call it 'Shhhhhhhh's'?

Small stand alone building across the st. from TC Diner that used to be a computer repair shop, IIRC.

Small stand alone building across the st. from TC Diner that used to be a computer repair shop, IIRC.

... and a Christian outreach ministry, and a coffee shop, and a Christian bookstore. I'm banking that the bar is the first to last three years at that location. I haven't been yet, but it has parking going for it, which is at a premium in Ardmore. Plus, it gives the impatient crowd another place to bounce to on 1st St. if they don't want to drink with the townies at Twin City, or First St. is too jammed. I'll probably try it for lunch soon. I'm too old and cranky to deal with a loud, packed, small space for dinner on a weekend.

yeah this place sucks. waited 30 minutes for a 2-top tonight, got the meatball app, a flat bread, and some sliders. halfway through eating we looked at each other and said "yeah, this food is pretty bland." Sliders and meatballs were dry, the jerk chicken flatbread had no flavor.

Had 3.50 Highland Gaelic, so thats not that bad. I'm sticking with 1st Street, which has always been consistently solid

only thing about 1st street is how poorly laid out it is - bar tenders dont need that much space to roam around; they really decreased their seating options when they made the bar so wide and in the winter it cuts the capacity down significantly; agree on the food and beer selection

Back