• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Drivers in NC are 7th worst in U.S.

I'm not sure who made people in NC feel it's ok to drive around in rain or snow without headlights on.

As if the fact that it's 2pm means you don't need them.

Headlights are not solely to help you see in the dark, they are to help others see you and not kill you or themselves.

Worst place I've driven is in the DC/NOVA area. Atlanta is probably a close second. And it isn't just due to traffic sucking.

Where there are foreigners and rich people, the driving will suck.

LOL @ Slim.

Consideration for people beyond their own windshield. Hahahhaa.

Worst place I've driven is in the DC/NOVA area. Atlanta is probably a close second. And it isn't just due to traffic sucking.

From a state on the worst drivers list (that happens to be inundated with said foreign drivers)? Immediate disqualification of opinion.

I'm not sure who made people in NC feel it's ok to drive around in rain or snow without headlights on.

Headlights are not solely to help you see in the dark, they are to help others see you and not kill you or themselves.

this is incredibly true. It can be driving rain and assholes here don't turn their lights on

Yeah, a lot of this going on Saturday. I think it has gotten worse with so many newer cars having the front headlights on automatically, so they neglect turning on their taillights.

In my top 3 of inconsiderate driving behaviors along with failure to use turn signals and left lane cruisers.

LOL @ Slim.

Consideration for people beyond their own windshield. Hahahhaa.

The other week when it was raining daily, people were driving around with no lights on whatsoever....and in a white/cream/beige/silver car, you blend in COMPLETELY on a newly paved/wet road when that reflects the gray sky/clouds....you literally can't see any car, especially through rain washing over the rear windows.

You're so clueless. Who gives a fuck if it's raining and no one can see me!!! I HAVE TO READ AND REPLY TO THIS GODDAMNED TEXT!!!! Who has time to worry about the rain!??!

Any list of the worst drivers that doesn't include PA or CA is bullshit.

I found DC/NoVA to be fine. Lots of traffic, but people tended to know what they were doing. Disclaimer: this does not apply Memorial Day-Labor Day when non-local tourists clog the roads.

ETA- The amount of traffic didn't hurt though, kinda hard to be a bad driver at 5mph.

Driving in DC can be difficult because of the grid and circles, not because of the drivers themselves.

PA and CA drivers are fine.

nowhere is it worse than south florida. a glorious combination of old retirees and immigrants from all over who bring their native country's driving habits with them

Red lights in Charlotte mean "step on the gas and speed through the intersection, pedestrians and other cars be damned" and turn signals are disabled automatically upon entering city limits.

Yellow lights in Raleigh mean "brake just enough so that you can still make it but the guy behind you can't."

Last edited:
In the Midwest, Michigan drivers are horrible. They drive in left lane doing 85mph. Then they'll slow down to 55...then speed up...then slow down. Back & forth they go.

I don't care what any poll says, Florida is the worst. I live in FL, born and raised...a drizzle causes a three hour interstate delay. God forbid if someone is changing a tire. All the old folks rubberneck and critique....nobody moves.

Wonder how much Ohio paid to be kept off that list. Also, my theory on the NC driving issue is due to the influx of people from other states. When you have a homogeneous driving population they all drive the same way. When you start introducing drivers who learned in other populations (Yankees), and those who crossed the Rio Grande (legally or not), then you have a problem.

Wonder how much Ohio paid to be kept off that list. Also, my theory on the NC driving issue is due to the influx of people from other states. When you have a homogeneous driving population they all drive the same way. When you start introducing drivers who learned in other populations (Yankees), and those who crossed the Rio Grande (legally or not), then you have a problem.

Caturday?

Back