• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Drivers in NC are 7th worst in U.S.

From a state on the worst drivers list (that happens to be inundated with said foreign drivers)? Immediate disqualification of opinion.

I'm up in Dallas. Traffic might suck at times, but the drivers are better than what I experienced in DC metro or Atlanta. That having been said, I still average about an F-bomb per minute driving around here and I have never driven in Houston.

I found it weird that places like ND and Montana were on that list, considering that most of those states are just vast, open highway. I'm not even sure they have speed limits there. Most of Texas is the same way, and they even pull over to the shoulder to let you pass here.

NC drivers think "yield" means give up.

This may actually be my biggest issue with drivers. Yield does not mean stop in the middle of the entrance lane to the highway. It's infinitely more difficult to merge starting from 0 MPH.

NC drivers think "yield" means give up.

Here in Minnesota, yield means that the people with right of way should yield to you.

I have lived in Minnesota, Texas, Illinois and Maryland and do think that Texas has the worst drivers of those. Any sort of weather issues causes people to drive 40 in the left lane. They just don't have the skills there as the other places I've been. I lived in the Dallas area when I was there.

the "_______ has worst drivers" tag is so apropos. I see polls like this all the time and combined with people's complaining, it appears that there are, in fact, terrible drivers in every state. I really don't think of one as worse than others, and I've driven in tons of states (most especially NC and FL).

I've live in the DC metro, NC and on the SC border in GA. I go to Atlanta for work quite often and my in-laws are in TX.

From my experience in those areas, no drivers are worse than people from Maryland (who drive either 9mph or 90 mph and nothing in between). SC is definitely second.

Heck, after dealing with DC traffic, Atlanta is a breeze.

PA drivers are fine. NJ are more aggressive, but generally fine. NY are even more aggressive, but generally fine. South of these places...eesh. Going back down South now after having lived up North, and driving is not a strong suit down there.

PA drivers are fine. NJ are more aggressive, but generally fine. NY are even more aggressive, but generally fine. South of these places...eesh. Going back down South now after having lived up North, and driving is not a strong suit down there.

Yep.

It's true that people think people from everywhere else are bad drivers. It's not true that everyone is equally bad at driving.

Having driven 2+ hours on the interstate in north carolina today, I have to say there were several times that both lanes were cruising along UNDER the speed limit. If your going to be cruising in the left lane you better be driving at least the speed limit.

No. THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU FUCKING PEOPLE. I already told LBE or RTQ so hopefully they stopped doing it. it is never appropriate to cruise the left lane.

Here in Minnesota, yield means that the people with right of way should yield to you.

I have lived in Minnesota, Texas, Illinois and Maryland and do think that Texas has the worst drivers of those. Any sort of weather issues causes people to drive 40 in the left lane. They just don't have the skills there as the other places I've been. I lived in the Dallas area when I was there.

Perhaps not in snow, but it rarely snows. Plus they treat the roads with dirt and not salt. Totally different animal.

----------
Tapatalk.

Probably not all that smart to be driving more than 40 (if that) in really heavy thunderstorms/rain, either. Doesn't take much for water to pool.

Adjust speed to conditions.

I completely agree with South Carolina if Charleston is any indication. Granted, I think it is due to the tourists and midwest and northern transplants more so than the people from the South that actually live here.

Great! I live in the #4 worst state and have to drive through #1, 3 and 5 to get to #6!

Doesn't say much about the south, does it?

I am sure the dickheads here in the SA area contribute to Texas' "lofty" ranking......they're bad and most don't have insurance and run from their vehicles (a lot of which are stolen) when they crash into someone's house or drive the wrong way late at night! Have never been to a place where people just bail when they crash - that crap never happened years ago, or any other place I have lived in over the years.

Back