• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Drivers in NC are 7th worst in U.S.

maine must make a ton of money off tourist drivers speeding on 95 coming and going

maine must make a ton of money off tourist drivers speeding on 95 coming and going

combine that with the natives' absurd adherence to speed limits (or traveling at speeds well under the limit) and you have a recipe for frustration

I believe it. Learned to drive in NC, moved to NoVA/DC for grad school and then work, moved back to NC and noticed a huge drop-off in driving competency.

Clogging up the left lane is hard work. Takes talent and a fair dose of estrogen.

Clogging up the left lane is hard work. Takes talent and a fair dose of estrogen.

Lol.

Every state is going to have drivers who neglect turn signals, can't merge for shit, etc. But most NC drivers certainly have a predilection for cruising in the left lane and it's fucking awful.

I'm surprised it wasn't higher, what with my wife living here.

Lol.

Every state is going to have drivers who neglect turn signals, can't merge for shit, etc. But most NC drivers certainly have a predilection for cruising in the left lane and it's fucking awful.

N.C. is where Georgia send 'em once they've mastered these tasks.

Red lights in Charlotte mean "step on the gas and speed through the intersection, pedestrians and other cars be damned" and turn signals are disabled automatically upon entering city limits.

Red lights in Charlotte mean "step on the gas and speed through the intersection, pedestrians and other cars be damned" and turn signals are disabled automatically upon entering city limits.

I think that's across the whole state.

There are lots of reasons to dislike CT, but its divers are fine.

City drivers from the northeast get a really bad rap in general, but I think a lot of that reputation has to do with out-of-towners dealing with aggressive driving in an unfamiliar urban setting.

Drivers in the south are a whole new ballgame. They're much worse.

Eh, I can respect that move, as at least it comes from paying attention and trying to keep things moving. Kind of like not getting upset at a Roughing the Kicker penalty if the defender is already in the air before the ball is kicked.

The left lane clogging, however, is indefensible and should be punished by death.

Turn signals are options few select in NC.

Worst drivers are Floridiots in the mountains.

Judging by the trash along the road, electric windows are standard equipment.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Lol.

Having driven 2+ hours on the interstate in north carolina today, I have to say there were several times that both lanes were cruising along UNDER the speed limit. If your going to be cruising in the left lane you better be driving at least the speed limit.

Last edited:
Back