• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia has the most beautiful college towns

My wife got her Masters from Mary Washington and I thought Fredericksburg was a pretty little town. I enjoyed her time there.

Harrisonburg is #5 lol. They left out the MS-13 gangs and the smell of chicken poop.

Yeah, Hburg is ok at best but nowhere near the top 10. And the I-95 and route 3 mess detracts from Fburg. When you're talking college towns, I really like Blacksburg. Virginia also has some really pretty small campuses - Richmond, W&L, Randolph Macon, whatever Randolph Macon Women's College is called today, Sweet Briar. I went to W&M for law school, so I'm biased, but I think W&M is the prettiest campus in the state.

Lexington is nice but SMALL

Who in the fuck would rank Harrisonburg, VA over Boulder or Asheville?

Oxford MS was robbed too (prob because the panty waists who wrote this list are prejudiced against the Deep South). Charleston SC too

I don't really consider Charleston a college town...or really Asheville for that matter. to me, the definition of a college town is one where one school is the primary focus of attention on the town (eg, Oxford, Ann Arbor, Athens, Chapel Hill, Charlottesville, etc).

Ann Arbor I've heard is amazing.

Ann Arbor I've heard is amazing.

one of my best friends is looking to do an oral surgery residency and has been touring schools all over the country...he can't stop raving about Ann Arbor

Shout out to Burlington VT. Terrific college town. If it weren't so cold there my wife and I would be living there (her hometown, but too cold for my southern blood).

I don't really consider Charleston a college town...or really Asheville for that matter. to me, the definition of a college town is one where one school is the primary focus of attention on the town (eg, Oxford, Ann Arbor, Athens, Chapel Hill, Charlottesville, etc).

I tend to agree with your definition, however about half of the actual Charleston downtown peninsula is comprised of C of C, The Citadel or MUSC. That area does give off does give off a very small college town vibe.

LOL, Harrisonburg is a SUPER shitty town. It is, however, an absolute zoo.

I could think of at least 100 college towns better than Harrisonburg haha.

Hell I would put Blacksburg over Harrisonburg.

Back