• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lectro was RIGHT--post1626--(climate related)

as a civilian living with an academic, reading papers in the [equivocating] language style is kinda weird at first for an American raised that being anything less than fully assertive is weakness

1468706-b.jpg

California utility PG&E pleads guilty to 84 wildfire deaths
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53072946

This is why corporations are not people - they cannot go to jail. But they can be dissolved or sold.

I posted this just as a follow up on the California fires, but now I'm more disgusted by PG&E. They were sued by Erin Brockovich over chromium poisoning. If I were the judge, I'd make the CEO go to jail, fire every other executive there and the Board of Directors. Start over with entirely new leadership. These guys suck every kind of way, and consistently.

Should scientists artificially cool the planet to stave off climate catastrophe?
https://theweek.com/articles/953090...icially-cool-planet-stave-climate-catastrophe

It's probably time we starting thinking about this and exploring options seriously. 20 years ago it would have been a bit absurd to jump straight to climate engineering, but we're either about to miss or already missed the boat on fighting this by limiting CO2 production and switching gears to this type of approach is probably warranted.

It's probably time we starting thinking about this and exploring options seriously. 20 years ago it would have been a bit absurd to jump straight to climate engineering, but we're either about to miss or already missed the boat on fighting this by limiting CO2 production and switching gears to this type of approach is probably warranted.

Think it’s really the only option at this point.

So some sort of project to radiate massive amounts of heat energy into space?

Back