• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McDonald's needs to get rid of 10 million pounds of wings

mission chinese. does san tung have good wings?

(i might prefer korean wings, but chinese are still up there)

my gawd they look tasty:

l.jpg

i'm actually pretty happy with america for this. if mcdonalds really could sell the shit out of chicken wings out of the drive thrue it would be a horrible sign for fat america.

Putters used to have all you can eat wings plus a side on Sundays for 9.99 (I think). My roommate was a FB player and we used to just go wreck that shit.

that's a way better deal for the restaurant than quarter wings. you'd need to eat 40 wings to get $10 worth.

that's a way better deal for the restaurant than quarter wings. you'd need to eat 40 wings to get $10 worth.

Yeah, don't think they ever had quarter wings at Putters. And eating 40 wings was certainly not out of the question for us.

Well, color me wrong
I can say with certainty (although I do live in NC w/o happy hour, so we don't get those deals) that I haven't seen wings cheaper than $.50 wings in a long time. (by a long time I mean 5 or 6 years)

Do you live in a box or just don't look for wing deals? ECW has .45 wing nights on Monday and Thursday. A few other small places in HP does .35 wing nights on Tuesdays.

Well, color me wrong
I can say with certainty (although I do live in NC w/o happy hour, so we don't get those deals) that I haven't seen wings cheaper than $.50 wings in a long time. (by a long time I mean 5 or 6 years)

Nc places do TONS of food happy hour specials because they can't do happy hour drinks.

metal rebel's in winston used to have FREE wings on monday nights

those were the days

I remember 10 cent wings and 5 dollar pitchers on Monday nights. When were they free?

They also had the biggest wings I've ever seen. Def came from mutant chickens

Freddie B's used to have unlimited wings and beer on Sunday's for something like $12. I watched Vytas Danelius eat himself out of shape in only a couple months.

I'm not sure which way you're attempting to make a point. If you're saying those are prices competitively, I don't see it. A dozen wings at most sit down places with sauce varieties runs you $8.99 or $9.99 and comes with a side. Most bars have a night where wings at $0.25 or less. I know they banking on money from the bar in that, but those just seem wildly over-priced for a place with a dollar menu.
Maybe someone else can chime in who has had them. I have not, nor have I seen them, but my son had some and said they were not bad but the ones he had were much larger than typical wings/drumettes. He said they were somewhere between a typical wing drumette and a drum stick from KFC. If this is true that is why they are much more expensive.

They're a good size but not unusually big.

Do adults regularly eat at McDonald's? I'm not sure I've been there in a year.

Unless they have kids, I hope not. My 17 month old has started saying "McDonalds."

Do you live in a box or just don't look for wing deals? ECW has .45 wing nights on Monday and Thursday. A few other small places in HP does .35 wing nights on Tuesdays.

I don't actively seek them out to be honest....but those are pretty good, I don't really get out but on the weekends...eh

Unless they have kids, I hope not. My 17 month old has started saying "McDonalds."

Shit. I hope this came from an older sibling. My three year old has zero idea about McDonalds or any other fast-food joint, but she's the oldest.

My wife likes McDonalds. Her parents like McDonalds. That's the real problem. We travel a lot and my oldest has allergies so she's very picky about where we stop for a quick bite.

Last edited:
Korean fried chicken is in the convo

Korean wings are ok but never better than classic buffalo, come on

Disagree. Asian dry-fried wings/Korean wings are almost always more consistently crispy and delicious.

A perfectly executed buffalo wing is a thing of beauty and definitely in the conversation, but the odds of encountering a shitty buffalo wing are incredibly high.

Back