• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Least Productive Work Day of the Year

deacphan

Reaction score
Company Xmas party last night. Is there a less productive day of the work year?

First day of NCAAT is pretty weak.

yeah the tourney might do it. i dont get why companies even have weekday parties. might as well give people the day off the next day. quite a few people "out sick" or just getting nothing done.

I've been on here all day, but I've discovered that if I keep out all my files and contracts across my desk, and have a busy look on my face, people really think I'm hard at work.

Day after Thanksgiving is usually the least productive for my company.

Company Xmas party last night. Is there a less productive day of the work year?

Ours is on a Thursday in January. It makes no sense. I have the afternoon off because I'm flying to NOLA for a bachelor party, so I'm gonna see if I can just take the morning off as well.

I've been on here all day, but I've discovered that if I keep out all my files and contracts across my desk, and have a busy look on my face, people really think I'm hard at work.

Reminds me of my favorite Seinfeld when George discovers that if he looks upset, angry at work, people assume he's working extremely hard. Pretty damn true though.

Its up there but in Charleston I would also say January 2nd and July 5th when they fall during the week.

Today. Today is the least productive day of the year. Friday will almost certainly be a close second. Christmas Day falling on a Wednesday is the worst.

i have to work today, tomorrow, thursday and friday. so i think any one of those days will be horribly unproductive. damn municipal government

Been here for almost two hours and I have done approximately 15 minutes of actual work (which is pretty bad, even on unproductive days). Two emails (one of which was a few paragraphs) and some routine paperwork.

Definitely today. Holiday party last night (not my office - friends) down in Florida. Was still drinking at 3am. 6:30am flight back to Atlanta. At work now. Feel like death. Office holiday luncheon at 12:30. Just trying to survive.

I love days like today or days when the office is empty and I'm working. Obviously I'd rather be at home, but I get so much shit done when no one else is around.

then again

ULhcjO6.png

Back