• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach Clawson conference call with former players

I think there are guidelines on the Deacon Club site. At least there used to be.

I think there are guidelines on the Deacon Club site. At least there used to be.

Yeah, but if tips from former players were ignored in the past (see posts from earlier on this thread), I assume a random submission from an alumni probably didn't get much attention either.

Yeah. He probably would have been doghoused behind Harris.

I'm on the board of directors of the Military Bowl and spent a good part of yesterday's festivities waxing about Coach Clawson. Not surprisingly, folks had great things to say about Clawson and some even had great personal anecdotes.

I had an interesting conversation with Shawn Moore, former UVa QB and former UVa assistant coach. He was really impressed by the Clawson conference call. I'm not sure what happened between he and London that led to Shawn leaving the staff, but I know that Shawn was responsible for a lot of UVa's recruiting successes while he was there. And he has a strong academic background. He was previously dean of students at St. Albans in DC.

I think he'd be a great guy to be affiliated with Wake football. I could be missing something and I have no clue about the Clawson/London relationship other than the UofR connection.

I was a big fan of Shawn Moore back in the day. Great to see he's doing well. Getting him involved at Wake would be fantastic.

Improving our recruiting in Virginia would be great for the program. Any idea what position we could potentially offer him?

Improving our recruiting in Virginia would be great for the program. Any idea what position we could potentially offer him?

That's a good question. I havent followed this closely enough to know what positions are left open at this point. On top of that, he's been out of coaching for a year so getting a job might be tough. My thought yesterday was that he might fit well into one of the recruiting positions Coach Clawson talked about on the call. Could be a way for Shawn to work his way into a larger role on the staff.

Agree with PH. Liked him back in the day. Make it happen :)

I have no idea why London still has a job. Between losing in general, going winless in conference, continuing to lose to VT, and alienating the QB who took the school to #1...

I have no idea why London still has a job. Between losing in general, going winless in conference, continuing to lose to VT, and alienating the QB who took the school to #1...

$$

Never got the email. Sad I missed it.

LOL punters.

Haha. It did say "former players." I was more of a watcher and Gatorade drinker. . And I'm sure they targeted their bigger donors who were also former players.

He did say there weren't many (any?) Grobe-era players on the call, or at least none who spoke up. Hope the recent football alum list is up to date, you guys would certainly be valuable to keep included in any of this sort of thing.

Haha. It did say "former players." I was more of a watcher and Gatorade drinker. . And I'm sure they targeted their bigger donors who were also former players.

To be fair, that was just the first call. There's going to be at least two more. If they're not pleased with the progress after the 3rd call, I'm sure they'll contact you.

One thing lobo did was create an email list of all grobe's players and kept us up to date on anything relevant, e.g. rebar's cancer. I hope we can keep that going.

To be fair, that was just the first call. There's going to be at least two more. If they're not pleased with the progress after the 3rd call, I'm sure they'll contact you.

I see what you did there.

Back