• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach Clawson conference call with former players

Are there other former players on the board? I only know of DeaconSig and SDeacz.

Coach Clawson reached out to us again through Coach Faircloth. They're collecting contact info from former players and apparently planning big things for the spring game. I'll keep you posted.

Coach Clawson reached out to us again through Coach Faircloth. They're collecting contact info from former players and apparently planning big things for the spring game. I'll keep you posted.

Yep, I was contacted by Coach Faircloth and was asked to provide contacts for all of "Grobe's guys". Pretty cool he's reaching out.

Swank must have reminded them to put you on the list. ;)

I'll take it as a sign Claw doesn't plan on punting much.

I wonder if Gattis will be on these calls. I knew he went with Franklin to PSU, but didn't realize he was coaching WRs.

He usually takes questions. What should I ask? Maybe something about social media and how this seems to be an area where we're ahead of the curve? (and as a way to bring up ogboards.com?)

This guy is doing some great things. A place as small as Wake should always, always make an effort to hear from her alums. There just aren't that many of us.

Coach Clawson scheduled another conference call with football alumni today at noon. I'll join, take notes and report back. Go Deacs!

He usually takes questions. What should I ask? Maybe something about social media and how this seems to be an area where we're ahead of the curve? (and as a way to bring up ogboards.com?)

Awesome, and thanks again. One theory that Deac94 has is that we've changed our recruiting philosophy from last year with regards to territory due to very few recruits from far away being able to take unofficial visits. Maybe ask if there is something in particular he noticed that led to the change, or what else led to the change?

Also, does he anticipate us have any windfall from other schools over recruiting the number of available scholarships?

How many running backs does he expect in the '15 recruiting class? Is he expecting any last minute surprises for the good?

I realize that he cannot talk about specific recruits.

Will Kendall Hinton will be given a chance to compete for the starting QB spot?

Will he consider any post-grad transfers this year?

How large of a class is he expecting for 2016?

Why is the number of early enrollees so small?

What are you doing to bring Braxton Miller to Wake?

How many decommits could we see (if any)?

What is his impression to date of the Wake Forest Admissions office?

Last edited:
Back