• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach Clawson conference call with former players

Clawson knows what it means to be a head coach and how to sell Wake Forest. It cultivates relationships with his players and never throws them under the bus. The polar opposite of DM. Just imagine what it would be like to have a guy like Skip coaching the basketball team and Dave coaching the football team! It would be electric. Just hope we get rid of DM and get a guy in like Dave.

This should be in Wellman's list of responsbilities. He's shat the bed on making our little stadium a huge home field advantage. Should be filled with students, alumns, regional fans, local high school teams. It is mostly filled with alumns, a smaller number of regional fans than we should have, and oppontent's fans. Wellman has focused on the buffet line in the box seats.

I can assure you that the food in the Tower is at best average and has gotten worse since Wellman's goon Casstevens got involved. He fired the good firm replacing them with a shit choice who serves stale salads and undercooked meat.

This should be in Wellman's list of responsbilities. He's shat the bed on making our little stadium a huge home field advantage. Should be filled with students, alumns, regional fans, local high school teams. It is mostly filled with alumns, a smaller number of regional fans than we should have, and oppontent's fans. Wellman has focused on the buffet line in the box seats.

Those are the people who write the big checks

Thanks, Magic. The best thing Clawson can do to improve fan support is win games. However, I wish he had an answer beyond that for connecting with the students.

I don't know, I think we have pretty decent support for the size of the school and the challenges we face that Clawson noted. Could be better but I wouldn't put it super high on the list of Wellman's failings.

How often do you get down for football games, bone?

Seldom. Regional alumni are the easiest gets followed by local football fans. We have not targeted local football fans in our outreach so far as I can tell.

I went back and read these summaries from 2014 forward. Woe have we made progress. This is what happens when you have a strategy

Seldom. Regional alumni are the easiest gets followed by local football fans. We have not targeted local football fans in our outreach so far as I can tell.

:squint:

How would you target those folks?

Thanks, Magic. The best thing Clawson can do to improve fan support is win games. However, I wish he had an answer beyond that for connecting with the students.

That is the responsibility of the students. The world does not cater to them.

The opposite. It’s college students catering to the world.

It’s tough to get people out to live sporting events except maybe for elite teams. Last year’s home schedule and performance was a tough set back. Hopefully the kickoff times and definitely performance on the field will be better for the home fans.
Last year was brutal. So many home games in a row and so many noon kicks. It really screwed with the tailgate scene.

I mean Clawson is smarter than all of us. So just win and it will figure itself out.

Last year was brutal. So many home games in a row and so many noon kicks. It really screwed with the tailgate scene.

I actually felt bad for local fans.

Agreed. It had a lot of potential with the excellent opponents, but the game times certainly weren't ideal. The 2019 schedule also looks interesting - the first time since 1921 we play UNC, Duke, and State at home. Hopefully the timing works better.

Game times come down to winning too.

Do we know what slots the ACC Network will have? I assume noon, 3:30, 7:00 or 12:30, 4:00, 8:00.

Agreed. It had a lot of potential with the excellent opponents, but the game times certainly weren't ideal. The 2019 schedule also looks interesting - the first time since 1921 we play UNC, Duke, and State at home. Hopefully the timing works better.

Agreed. Really excited about that next year. That UNC game should be sold out and there SHOULD be a ton of Deac fans and students there. Can't wait.

There will unfortunately be a lot of UNC fans there excited about Mack returning them to the glory days

There will unfortunately be a lot of UNC fans there excited about Mack returning them to the glory days

All the more reason for us to beat them.

Wake should be a much more respected team this year which hopefully would help us get better game times.

I would try to set up "Wake ticket day" at local high schools. People from Wake ticket office would arrange to be at the HS and sell deeply discounted tickets to students. Would be better to have local HS kids in seats than have them empty.

Back