• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach Clawson conference call with former players

You may need to be more specific. Or do you mean MocksvilleDeac ?

he's also the reason I believe they no longer allow live call-ins to the weekly radio show. Then again, at some point that was bound to happen given the basketball program's state of affairs the last 9 years.

Almost positive the tie-dyes were Prosser's idea. AIR, the SD's generally didn't like them but Skip put his foot down and said 'WEAR THEM'....and that was that.

Tie Dyes and zombie nation stolen pretty brazenly from Wisconsin basketball. I’m pretty sure Prosser and staff owned the theft though.

Sports marketing gets a well-deserved bad rap but the football program has done a nice job regularly producing short hype videos and getting them out on social media. Definitely taking a page out of the playbook from bigger programs, though admittedly they aren’t Nike commercial caliber promos like Alabama is producing. Still nice to see a relevant and fun campaign to highlight our program.

Tie Dyes and zombie nation stolen pretty brazenly from Wisconsin basketball. I’m pretty sure Prosser and staff owned the theft though.

Speaking of, for those who want to wander into an alternate universe, our 2005 home game vs. Duke currently on EU

Naz is a good guy. I met him at the Meineke Bowl in Charlotte in 2007.
Someone organized a get together for any board members (the previous board) before the game. Nametags were made with our board names. It was pretty interesting to meet some of the frequent posters in person. I'm sure some of you attended this...….eh?

I was there and have some pictures somewhere. I really enjoyed talking to Deac Mom and Turbo Deac. RR Rhenish, my wife and I sat in the same box as the crazy lady whose son was a lineman (Football mom 72?), who actually behaved for the game.

The tailgate at the 2006 ACC championship game in J-Ville was fun. RRR (never made the switch to this board) and I were wondering if Mags would really show up when Mags and his wife walked up. Talked to Turf for several minutes and agree that he seems to be a good guy in real life. I also have a number of pictures of that event.

Pretty sure it was Wisconsin. Played them in ACC/BigTen challenge. Josh Howard senior year, we won.

s-l300.jpg
Marquette. It was after we played an away game there.

Pretty sure it was Wisconsin. Played them in ACC/BigTen challenge. Josh Howard senior year, we won.
Google is failing me at the moment, but I was at Wake and close to the basketball operations at the time. The staff credited Marquette with the changes. We played at Marquette and they had the crazy intro with loud music etc. Our operations folks met with the Marquette staff and got some insight into their setup and we brought it to the ACC.

The tie dyes were a pick up from UWM, but was only a small part of the overall set.

A little double dose of Wisconsin inspiration taking from Madison and Milwaukee. I’m glad they did! Made my formative years way more fun.

Too bad we didn’t steal the idea of hiring Tony Bennett.

Coach Clawson conducted his annual call with former players last week. There were tons of football alums on the call and there was a robust Q&A at the end of the call. He asked that we not share his thoughts on social media so I wont go into detail about what he said, but he rallied the troops and encouraged us to come back for the Spring Game and especially for the Career Night on the eve of the game which has become a Wake tradition.

We're in great hands with Coach Clawson and the future is bright. Go Deacs!!

Coach Clawson conducted his annual call with former players last week. There were tons of football alums on the call and there was a robust Q&A at the end of the call. He asked that we not share his thoughts on social media so I wont go into detail about what he said, but he rallied the troops and encouraged us to come back for the Spring Game and especially for the Career Night on the eve of the game which has become a Wake tradition.

Thanks Magic.
A strong showing by successful for players is a great endorsement for Clawson’s program.

I really like the career night. Shows the players that there is a path forward in life after football. That life can be filled with success and enjoyment. For many, that life begins the day after they play their last game for Wake.

Besides his “thoughts” not intended for social media, did he suggest steps to take that can be known by a wider audience?

I'm sure you told him to come up with some better plays.

Back