• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Post Your Christmas Loot

My dad is a doctor with a very impoverished clientele so I asked him in lieu of buying me anything for him to find a family and give them a great Christmas. He wrote me a letter describing the tough situation the family is in and how they reacted to receiving the presents. It got me in the feels pretty serious yo.

This is fantastic.

That is a really great story bmoney.

I really thought seriously about this... but then I didn't.

I got a bunch of stuff for work and working out. I also got a portable grill for tailgating.

7 cup food processor, a cookbook of Latin American street foods, and some little knick knacks. Got a really, really cool desk clock from Jason made of bike parts.

Nothing wfu related for the first time ever.

Jewelry, clothes, and a puppy to keep me company :)

I got photos from my childhood and a bag of skittles from my mom and some sort of table setting plant thing from my sister. Thats it.

New shoes
Bookers bourbon
Verismo
Clothes
Arkham Origins

My wife killed it:
Meat grinder and spices to make sausage, tix to see Ron white and a new shell bag for shooting. To go with the meat stuff she got me this cookbook: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/products/in-the-charcuterie-cookbook which is awesome. For my birthday I want to take a butchery class.

Parents gave clothes, some new costas and money to my wife and me to take a trip.

In-laws with the best gift- a banjo. Also got me some new sperrys and a book.

Last edited:
My wife killed it:
Meat grinder and spices to make sausage, tix to see Ron white and a new shell bag for shooting. To go with the meat stuff she got me this cookbook: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/products/in-the-charcuterie-cookbook which is awesome. For my birthday I want to take a butchery class.

Parents gave clothes, some new costas and money to my wife and men to take a trip.

In-laws with the best gift- a banjo. Also got me some new sperrys and a book.

Trying to run her out of the family?

We drew names at all of our family gatherings this year instead of buying gifts for everyone, so my overall haul was less.

Brewmaster's Bible
9780062278302_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Farting Irish Red Ale all grain kit.
A Big Dan's Brew Shed shirt
Lots of polo shirts and shorts (I wear them year round)
Lowes/Amazon Gift Cards and $$$$
My inlaws gave us 5 scratch off lottery tickets, which I proceeded to win $0.

We drew names at all of our family gatherings this year instead of buying gifts for everyone, so my overall haul was less.

Brewmaster's Bible
9780062278302_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Farting Irish Red Ale all grain kit.
A Big Dan's Brew Shed shirt
Lots of polo shirts and shorts (I wear them year round)
Lowes/Amazon Gift Cards and $$$$
My inlaws gave us 5 scratch off lottery tickets, which I proceeded to win $0.

Tsy you need to check out that cookbook I got- I thought of you while flipping through.

Tsy you need to check out that cookbook I got- I thought of you while flipping through.
I'll have to do that. We've got a meat grinder, 2 actually, that we never use. I'm all about making some home made sausage.

Christmas Eve mrstsywake came across a boneless leg of lamb for $4.99 a pound, which we think was a huge pricing error by the grocery store. We grilled that sucker up last night using an APL recipe. Twas delicious.

My vices may have gotten out of hand. I don't think I received a single thing that could remotely be considered "good for me" for Christmas.

For drinking, I received an Elijah Craig 21, Pappy 15, and Breckenridge Distillery Small Batch Bourbons along with a handful of craft beers.

To assist with my drinking, I received whiskey stones and two new beer glasses.

For smoking, I received 8 very nice cigars and a hard sided, travel humidor for my golf bag.

Back