• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Post Your Christmas Loot

Anyone else get some stuff without a gift receipt that they can't return? I've got a Peter Millar shirt size L (looks like this one) that is way too big for me (98 lb weakling ftw), wondering if there's anyone out there willing to trade some of their unwanted stuff

Wasn't there a Pit Trading thread sometime a while back? Maybe that's worth digging up

My dad is a doctor with a very impoverished clientele so I asked him in lieu of buying me anything for him to find a family and give them a great Christmas. He wrote me a letter describing the tough situation the family is in and how they reacted to receiving the presents. It got me in the feels pretty serious yo.

Doesn't seem like a very good deal for him...

And for the first time of my existence, I received NO socks. Actually one of the few things I needed lol

LDToy as well. His mom has proclaimed in the past that she loves buying men's socks. So it was really weird not to get any (esp since he needs them).

We had so many presents between both families and it being the first Christmas for the Bug (so she got presents from 4 grandparents, 3 uncles, 1 aunt, a number of cousins/great aunts/uncles, and family friends). So many new clothes and toys! #spoiled

We got a gift certificate to a restaurant and baby sitting money, a roof bag for the car, a number of cookbooks, electric food steamer, wine and chiller balls, clothes, jewelry, about 10 new Christmas ornaments, a new ladybug garden decoration, candy, outdoor picnic blanket, and probably a ton of other random things I'm forgetting.

The funniest thing is that we had a pocket hose we used all summer and loved that broke at the end of the summer. So LDToy and I each ended up buying one for each other and my mom also bought us one.

It was also the year of the FitBit at my in laws. My BIL, SIL, and MIL all got the wristband ones. And LDToy and I got the new version of the clip on ones.

I've actually had mine for 2 years now and love it. But it is showing a little wear, so maybe I'll switch to the new one. Trying to decide it I want to trade it in for the wrist version.

Got these today:
http://amzn.com/B006KM0EP8
517nn%2B-jQcL.jpg

I ordered this from Amazon after seeing your post, then just recently got an email saying they were sold out. Womp womp.

My buddy got me that print as a house warming gift last January. Its now hanging in my apartment in ATX.

Cast iron skillet
Handmade shotglass shelf (courtesy of FIL)
Wireless printer
Settlers of Catan extension, Fluxx, Blokus
Hugh Acheson cookbook
Skyfall, Pitch Perfect, Flint movies

Cast iron skillet
Handmade shotglass shelf (courtesy of FIL)
Wireless printer
Settlers of Catan extension, Fluxx, Blokus
Hugh Acheson cookbook
Skyfall, Pitch Perfect, Flint movies

yes! i love Blokus. Yall can do it two player, too, and just use two colors.

Lots of Books (Koontz, Butcher, Jacka, Card, Green)
Gift Cards
Running Socks
Clothes
Framed Print of Farrell Hall
Blu Ray Player
Casserole dish and carrier
Other kitchen/dining stuff
M&Ms with "Go Deacs" and "Wake Forest" printed on them

Charlotte Hornets Mitchell & Ness Jacket (very sweet)
Charlotte Hornets cap (that my dad has kept in his closet for probably 18 years and never wore - so a legit old school hat)
Ice Up Son tee
Champagne glasses
Beer glass set
Running shoes
A few CDs
Netflix subscription for a year

I got the Hornets Mitchell and Ness vest last year for Christmas from Doofus. Very sweet as well.

Lots of Books (Koontz, Butcher, Jacka, Card, Green)
Gift Cards
Running Socks
Clothes
Framed Print of Farrell Hall
Blu Ray Player
Casserole dish and carrier
Other kitchen/dining stuff
M&Ms with "Go Deacs" and "Wake Forest" printed on them

Funny story about the casserole carrier. I had asked for it so I can bring hot stuff to tailgates. When I opened it, my mother immediately apologized for getting it in red, or, as she said "NC State color." Bless her.

Back