• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MERRY CHRISTMAS: Christ was born just as promised- Glad tidings of great joy

mebanedeac

Reaction score
Micah 5:2 2 " But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Judah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from of old, From everlasting."

Micah prophesied from about 740 BC till 695 BC. So his prophesy was written over 700 years before Christ was born.

Matthew 2:4-6 4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born. 5 So they said to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet: 6 'But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, Are not the least among the rulers of Judah; For out of you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel.' "

Luke 2:4-7 4 Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, 5 to be registered with Mary, his betrothed wife, who was with child. 6 So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. 7 And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Luke 2:10-12 10 Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. 11 "For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 "And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger."

Luke 2:15-18 15*¶ So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, "Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us." 16 And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger. 17 Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning this Child. 18 And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds.

John 7:42 42 "Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the seed of David and from the town of Bethlehem, where David was?"

Christ, the promised Son of David, was born precisely as promised centuries earlier. He is the trustworthy Savior Who reconciles God and men.

Glory to His Name.

Merry Christmas to all.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy Birthday to our Savior !

remember, Jesus is THE reason for the season !

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Highlander.jpg

highlander_macleod.jpg

??????????????

Wow, just found this thread. Good for a chuckle. Merry Christmas indeed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Back