• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff Teague hero for Hawks in double-overtime win vs. Cavaliers

We don't have to do this again. There's no way he's No. 9. Let's just say attaboy to Teague and wish him well.

Even with as good of a year he is having right now he is 17th in PER for PGs and tied for 15th in EWA. Solidly mid-tier in the two main advanced all encompassing stats. But yeah but just like a bell curve after the top 7 or 8 elite guys the difference becomes more negligible for the the next 10-12 guys.

Even with as good of a year he is having right now he is 17th in PER for PGs and tied for 15th in EWA. Solidly mid-tier in the two main advanced all encompassing stats. But yeah but just like a bell curve after the top 7 or 8 elite guys the difference becomes more negligible for the the next 10-12 guys.

Agree

We don't have to do this again. There's no way he's No. 9. Let's just say attaboy to Teague and wish him well.

Agree...no one is saying that being rated (in our opinion) around 12-15 is a bad thing...christ, that means you are a better guard then those on 50% of the teams in the league.

He's having a very good season, love seeing him all over the highlight reals again...

Remember the fun days of Wake basketball, when Teague made sportscenter highlights almost every day, because they were good, he was awsome, and people in the world of College Ball were actually paying attention to waKE?

#FuckYouBzzz

And yet he still didn't have the best statistical game of a Deacon PG in the NBA yesterday (he did, however, get the W).

Agree...no one is saying that being rated (in our opinion) around 12-15 is a bad thing...christ, that means you are a better guard then those on 50% of the teams in the league.

12-15 is a stretch. Maybe if you consider the injuries? Kyrie, Lawson, Curry, CP, Conley, Rubio, Holiday, Dragic, Bledsoe, Lillard, Parker, Wall all better. DWill, Rondo, Rose, now Westbrook injured. Kemba/Calderon/Lowry and some of the younger guys (Burke?/MCW?) could eventually usurp Teague.

Dude is good enough to start and has his moments and is definitely not among the worst point guards.

Rubio is having an awful year. Not a defensive stud, one of the worst shooters in the league (his .356 career FG% is historically bad), and his assist rate has gone down. Only 2 years younger than Teague and I'm not sure if he'll ever have a year as good as Teague is having this year. Lots of hype and flash plays, not much production.

12-15 is a stretch. Maybe if you consider the injuries? Kyrie, Lawson, Curry, CP, Conley, Rubio, Holiday, Dragic, Bledsoe, Lillard, Parker, Wall all better. DWill, Rondo, Rose, now Westbrook injured. Kemba/Calderon/Lowry and some of the younger guys (Burke?/MCW?) could eventually usurp Teague.

Dude is good enough to start and has his moments and is definitely not among the worst point guards.

I live for this thread.

I live for this thread.

Guilty.

Rubio is having an awful year. Not a defensive stud, one of the worst shooters in the league (his .356 career FG% is historically bad), and his assist rate has gone down. Only 2 years younger than Teague and I'm not sure if he'll ever have a year as good as Teague is having this year. Lots of hype and flash plays, not much production.

Rubio's shooting has been horrific of late, but his AST/STL, his age and his potential push him over Teague. And it's not like Teague is shooting the lights out.

I'm 100% certain that if push comes to shove, pretty much anyone on this thread if they were a GM would pick Rubio over Teague in a vacuum.

I mean the Wolves have the best PF in the NBA, just paid a lot to their big headed center... and they are below .500 every year. Rubio is 35th in PG PER, 25th in PG EWA, and Teague is a bad shooter and STILL has 6 points higher in true shooting. Rubio is 23 now and don't think he is any better now than his rookie year. You can't make any statistical argument to put Rubio in the auto-better than Teague category.

That's a fair point. I disagree, but it's a fair opinion. IMO, Teague is likely somewhere 15-20 -- and probably closer to 15 than 20.

at the end of the season derrick rose will have played 49 of a possible 246 games since 2011. i don't think he should be in any discussion of best player at any position.

Gun to your head, you pick Teague over Rose right now to be the PG of your team in 2014?

So you want to bet a plate of San Tung wings for higher PER in 2014-15, Teague or Rose?

I think everyone pretty much agrees that Teague is an average starting point guard. That means he's pretty damn good because point seems to pretty clearly be the deepest position in the NBA right now (and not by a small margin).

I mean, millions of people play basketball and he's a midlevel PG in the NBA. So therefore among all point guards he's most definitely a top point guard.

Well before the season there were arguments for the likes of George hill and Jameer Nelson over Teague.

Those were my arguments. Hill has regressed (in part because his teammates have improved a lot), and Nelson has too. Doesn't change anything about the overall pecking order though.

Back