• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Hip-Hop thread

Anybody gonna get the Lecrae mixtape that drops tomorrow? It is free. Hosted by DJ Don Cannon

He has Malice from Eclipse on it, rocks with Kendrick Lamar; has production from S1 (Kanye), Boi-1da (Drake & Eminem), 9th Wonder (Jay-Z, Drake, Eminem, Destiny's Child) and Street Symphony (Gucci Mane). Statik Selektah & DJ Premier has been repping him.

Some really big names right there

Anybody gonna get the Lecrae mixtape that drops tomorrow? It is free. Hosted by DJ Don Cannon

He has Malice from Eclipse on it, rocks with Kendrick Lamar; has production from S1 (Kanye), Boi-1da (Drake & Eminem), 9th Wonder (Jay-Z, Drake, Eminem, Destiny's Child) and Street Symphony (Gucci Mane). Statik Selektah & DJ Premier has been repping him.

Some really big names right there
Just a small correction here, but it's Clipse, and Malice has changed his name to No Malice. And yes, looking forward to that mixtape.

Just a small correction here, but it's Clipse, and Malice has changed his name to No Malice. And yes, looking forward to that mixtape.

I know he changed his name, but didn't think people would recognize it. And stupid iPhone autocorrect to blame for Eclipse instead of Clipse.

Anyway, the mixtape is already sounding dope. Lead track he goes off on. And on the site for the tape, churchclothes.me has "Rise" playing now. It's pretty solid.

On a different note, how long have you been following Lecrae?

I know he changed his name, but didn't think people would recognize it. And stupid iPhone autocorrect to blame for Eclipse instead of Clipse.

Anyway, the mixtape is already sounding dope. Lead track he goes off on. And on the site for the tape, churchclothes.me has "Rise" playing now. It's pretty solid.

On a different note, how long have you been following Lecrae?

Not long at all, I only stumbled upon him because I was reading some interviews with No Malice (I am a HUGE Clipse fan and any mention of a comeback album gets me pumped) and saw his name mentioned several times and checked him out. I'm not the kind that would be into any type of Christian music, but Lecrae is nice, and these big names he's working with on the new mixtape have definitely gotten my interest.

Not long at all, I only stumbled upon him because I was reading some interviews with No Malice (I am a HUGE Clipse fan and any mention of a comeback album gets me pumped) and saw his name mentioned several times and checked him out. I'm not the kind that would be into any type of Christian music, but Lecrae is nice, and these big names he's working with on the new mixtape have definitely gotten my interest.

His albums have progressively gotten good. He is such a crazy lyricist. And the mixtape is dope. Your thoughts on it?

So I was kinda worried about the reception the rest of Odd Future would give to the news about Frank Ocean coming out, or at least stating a history and interest in men, and probably as bisexual. What with all the homophobic slang and a few especially tough bars on the last Odd Future mixtape, I thought the dudes would react immaturely at best. Tyler and Earl both made comments on Twitter that they're proud of Frank, so at least there's that. And more than any of this, I'm quite pumped about the new Frank Ocean out in a couple weeks.

In response to the discussion about Ocean's sexuality, I find the homoeroticism that permeates rap to be fascinating. Take for example "I Don't Like" by Chief Keef. Arguably the hottest street banger going right now. Hip hop is the most homophobic genre lyrically, but they engage in lots of homoerotic behavior with a complete lack of irony. See: Birdman-Lil Wayne.

Chief Keef - I Don't Like (shot by my boy DGainz!)

Posted this on the Usic Thread, hoping the Pit HipHoppers can help me out:

There is a 90's or possibly early 00's hip hop song that starts out with an intro/interlude where there is some ambient noise and a girls says "I'm gonna put my Tommy Hilfiger Shirt on, it's HOT outside," and then the beat drops. Any ideas? This isn't likely a mainstram hit or single, but not super obsure either since Im not a huge hip hop fan. I've done lots of googling to no avail.
tx.

Not registering with me, TAB, sorry.

This is sweet:

I like Earl's one line: "Fuck it."

I'm getting more into hip hop as I get older. A friend introduced me to Frank Ocean, talented as hell.

Posted this on the Usic Thread, hoping the Pit HipHoppers can help me out:

There is a 90's or possibly early 00's hip hop song that starts out with an intro/interlude where there is some ambient noise and a girls says "I'm gonna put my Tommy Hilfiger Shirt on, it's HOT outside," and then the beat drops. Any ideas? This isn't likely a mainstram hit or single, but not super obsure either since Im not a huge hip hop fan. I've done lots of googling to no avail.
tx.

Jam - Tribe Called Quest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U8fQ7mrVIQ

Back