• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Hip-Hop thread

Phil Jackson

@kendricklamar it’s okay to be cocky and sure, but we all need somebody to lean on. Let’s just call it mentoring.

Listening to Lord Willin' now. First time in a long time. Forgot how strong it is. Grindin', Cot Damn, and Ma I Don't Love Her is just a great 3-track sequence.

Old Dirty Bastard hologram played with Wu Tang at Rock the Bells.

http://youtu.be/jnUnMFkXE4E

Dizzy Wright, Lecrae, and Phora on a sick beat for a Rock The Bells cypher. If anybody follows Lecrae like I do, real interesting to see him do a festival like Rock the Bells.

Speaking of Lecrae, he's set to release Church Clothes Volume 2 soon. If you haven't check out volume one, I recommend it.

Jay-Z in CLT in January. No idea but tickets have gotta be absurd for that one, right?

Church Clothes, Volume 2 from Lecrae, and hosted by Don Cannon again, is reportedly going to be dropped on November 7. Anybody gonna get it?

I've legit never heard storytelling like this on a rap album before. It's allegorical. Evocative. The mythos is stunning. Man and woman take shrooms, bone, leave the world, come back as brother and sister, can't stomach the incest, so they kill each other. I think I listened to Run The Jewels ten times before I really took in the song like this.

You know I get gone I'm a goner
In the VIP of the club where they strip with a zip and a boner
Girl named Mary looking like a black Madonna
Tell me I can rent her but I can never own her
She's naked as the day that her momma first born her
And later on in the song, yeah, I'mma bone her
But that ain't the purp, bro, please follow along, bro
God made a miracle it rained in the room
Blowing marijuana smoke in a smoke filled room
She leaned in my ear said "You ever did shrooms?"
I said "I never did that and I never did you
If it come in a pack baby I'mma do two."
Last act of the pact Mary Mack do it too
"If you agree to the terms we can do what it do"
She said "It is what it is." and we did what we did
Right before we popped 3 caps and 3 stems
She popped that molly, rocked my body, I fly high and my co-pilot
Psilocybin, got me slidin, slipping into another dimension
Me and this woman made love in Kemet
Traveled to the moon came back when we were finished
Fell to the earth, lost each other, died and we came back sister and brother
In that lifetime we couldn't have each other
So we killed ourselves and it killed our mother
True romance, in one lap dance
I was in my future, my present and past

here are some of my favorite tracks of '13

and obviously control and a bunch of other shit that's been mentioned already like pusha, chance, kendrick's verses everywhere, and the odd future stuff.

Church Clothes 2 comes out Thursday. Anybody gonna get it?

Back