• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Hip-Hop thread

The black eyed peas can, quite literally, all die in a fire. They don't belong in any discussion about music.

Fuck 'em.

it's a shame they became so poppy because some of their old stuff is fantastic. Head Bobs is an all-time favorite song of theirs for me

I grew up on NWA, Run DMC, The DOC, Easy-E, Ice Cube, Black Sheep, etc. They were all so damn hard, and not posers like many rappers today.

Eminem is really unbelievable. Sure, everyone loves him but the truth is that if you put a mic on stage he will destroy it. He's that good.

Jay-Z's flow is so nice, somehow rough and smooth at the same time. He also does a great job of telling a story without being an ass about it.

Although I'm very sure I'm way behind the times, I'm listening to Girl Talk All Day quite a lot when mtn biking these days.

Linky here for free (legal) download:
http://illegal-art.net/allday/

it's a shame they became so poppy because some of their old stuff is fantastic. Head Bobs is an all-time favorite song of theirs for me

I still have Joints & Jams on my iphone, listen to it all the time. Everything since fergie joined is pretty much crap - although, Lets Get Retarded still has me singing.

Nas, Big L, The Roots (best live show you'll ever see), Tribe, Lords of the Underground, Black Sheep, Mobb Deep, Del, Souls of Mischief, Defjux, Fuschnikens, Lost Boyz, Das Efx, De La Soul.

Best album ever: Illmatic

New Beastie Boys album track called Funky Donkey is ace btw.

Nas, Big L, The Roots (best live show you'll ever see), Tribe, Lords of the Underground, Black Sheep, Mobb Deep, Del, Souls of Mischief, Defjux, Fuschnikens, Lost Boyz, Das Efx, De La Soul.

Best album ever: Illmatic

I'm a true what?

Fuschnickkkk

Wonder what happened to those dudes?

Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash, Furious Five, LL Cool J, Kool Moe D, Run DMC, Slick Rick, Doug E Fresh, Force MD's, Beastie Boys...I was introduced to Public Enemy and N.W.A. by Robert Siler and Daric Keys when I was at WFU and wondered why all of the new rappers were mad at me, although I till enoyed it, Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg & Warren G. Started to enjoy Jay-Z recently...

De La Soul is my personal favorite. Agree that Illmatic is the best album ever. Unbelievably good.

I have a hard time finding newer stuff that I like. Granted I don't look that hard since every time I've ever tried to DL music I've gotten bad viruses.

Yes. I love it.

My favorite of all time is probably B.I.G. Every time I listen to his albums I appreciate them more and wonder what could have been.

I've currently been listening to Atmosphere.

A lot of Minneapolis hip-hop is pretty tight. A couple of friends of mine -- two smoking hot dancer sisters -- are all up in that shit. One of them was in an Atmosphere video.

They are both in this underground thing.

i dunno bro, a lot of my favorite biggie songs weren't big single hits. ten crack commandments? where is that overplayed?

I Got a Story to Tell was pretty sweet as well. Notorious Thugs is never played. I love Life After Death.

Love it.

Best of all time for me is 5-way tie: Nas, Wu-Tang, Eminem, Biggie, and Weezy.

I'm currently LOVING "Look at me now." Busta KILLS IT.

Love the WuTang Clan, wish they did more stuff these days. Also, I love Erik B and Rakim. Don't Sweat the Technique is one of my favorite rap songs.

lol

Quoted "Don't Sweat the Technique" last night to my roommate while cooking. He didn't get it. Fuggin dork.

wu-tang still does a ton of shows together, most of the stuff they release now is solo tho. wu-tang also has like the best record deal of any rap group, i forget the specifics but the RZA made it so they can all have their own separate deals outside of their wutang deal, which is really rare or something.

Thank goodness for Backspin or I never would have heard the song "Shadowboxin" with Gza and Method Man. Those two absolutely destroy that song.

Anybody read any good hip-hop blogs? I'm partial to Nah Right and Vinyl Addicts.

it's amazing looking at all the rap cd's i bought in high school. i was a HUGE No Limit Records fan and have albums of people that never even released a single and some of the stuff is pretty miserable.

however Make em Say Ugh Part II is a top 5 all-time favorite rap song

Back