• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Hip-Hop thread

Or how about this question: Young Money or G.O.O.D. Music?

Also, I miss Wreckx-n-Effect.

All I wanna do is zoom a zoom zoom zoom and a boom boom

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air helped me get jiggy with it. And I don't even know what that means.

Or how about this question: Young Money or G.O.O.D. Music?

i personally prefer young money, however, I think long term GOOD is a better bet to stay relevant. Kanye's strength is as a producer, whereas wayne can just spit and will spit on anyones tracks. Just feels like kanye is a better bet to get and maintain better talent on his label.

I think you're underestimating the talent already in the Young Money stable.

young money:
Lil Wayne[6]
Drake[6]
Mack Maine[6]
Nicki Minaj[6][7]
Tyga[6]
Gudda Gudda[6]
Jae Millz[6]
Lil Chuckee[6]
Lil Twist[6]
T-Streets
Short Dawg[6]
Cory Gunz [6]
Shanell aka SnL[6]
Porcelain Black [6][8]

GOOD
Kanye West
John Legend
Common
Kid Cudi
Big Sean[5]
Malik Yusef
Mr Hudson
Cyhi Da Prynce
Pusha T
Mos Def
Hit-Boy

Woah. I didn't realize the talent assembled in GOOD.

i guess only time will tell. the young stable on young money does seem better than good

1) Yes, love hip hop
2) All time I go Biggie.
3) Currently listening to Cudi. I think he is the best young MC out. Chiddy is good, J. Cole is good. I just really dig what Cudi does, taking indie music and goin over top of it is my shit.

Kanye performed an incredible set at Coachella, possibly a preview of a tour for MBDTF, here is part 1 of the show

Download the set here.

http://www.theawl.com/2011/05/woody-allen-movies-in-order-of-the-likelihood-that-their-titles-will-be-used-as-titles-for-wu-tang-clan-songs

Woody Allen Movies in order of the likelihood that their titles will be used as titles for wu tang clan songs.
43. Men of Crisis: The Harvey Wallinger Story
42. Everyone Says I Love You
41. Hannah and Her Sisters
40. Husbands and Wives
39. Sounds From a Town I Love
38. Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex (But Were Afraid To Ask)
37. Whatever Works
36. You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger
35. Anything Else
34. Sweet and Lowdown
33. September
32. Hollywood Ending
31. Deconstructing Harry
30. Annie Hall
29. Zelig
28. Radio Days
27. Don't Drink the Water
26. Alice
25. Broadway Danny Rose
24. Stardust Memories
23. Celebrity
22. Interiors
21. Midnight in Paris
20. Manhattan
19. Scoop
18. Sleeper
17. Bananas
16. Love and Death
15. Manhattan Murder Mystery
14. Cassandra's Dream
13. Shadows and Fog
12. Melinda and Melinda
11. Take the Money and Run
10. Bullets Over Broadway
9. Oedipus Wrecks
8. Match Point
7. Crimes and Misdemeanors
6. Vicky Cristina Barcelona
5. What's Up, Tiger Lily?
4. Mighty Aphrodite
3. Small Time Crooks
2. The Purple Rose of Cairo
1. The Curse of the Jade Scorpion

I'm getting more and more excited for Tha Carter IV, especially after hearing John (If I Die Today) (which was played a lot on the radio today because of the "rapture"). Sounds like Weezy is going to try and challenge 'Ye for best rap album (won't happen, grammy's love Kanye).

Speaking of 'Ye, the nike air yeezy 2s are coming out soon and they look rad as hell. Rumored to be $250 a pair though, but they are high quality.

1. I still like rap music.
2. My favorite rapper of all time is a tie between Pastor Troy & GZA, even though they are completely different.
3. I am currently listening to Kanye, Ced Hughes, and Binary Star

Last edited:
Cannibal ox reunion! New album late summer!

Backspin pwns.

Still listen to the first 4/5 Public Enemy CDs religiously. Loved NWA. Straight Outta Compton is still phenomenal.

Most underrated rap album? Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Mecca and the Soul Brother

I tend to be a bit behind the times now. So much dreck and garbage out there. Any rapper who autotunes (other than T-Pain on "I'm On A Boat") should be beaten mercilessly.

In my ever-important opinion, Wiz Khalifa, Drake, Lupe Fiasco, Kid Cudi, Wale, and J. Cole are the best in the game right now (with J. Cole slightly edging out Lupe for the top spot).

It's simply a travesty that hood rats such as waka flocka flame, Gucci Mane and Weezy are as successful as they are in this industry. For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone in their right mind could ever consistently listen to anyone of these three.

Tyler, the creator and OFWGKTA have been taking the rap scene by storm recently and the kore I listen to them the more I like them. Their stuff is so fucked up but for some reason it's somewhat catchy.

Also, for the underground fans I have been riding the XV bandwagon for like 3 years now. He's my man. Chris Webby and Fashawn are also much less popular than they should be.

To wrap everything up, Mac Miller sucks!

Back