• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Hip-Hop thread

Weezy? Really? Really?

Thank you!!!!

I don't understand the Weezy phenomenon. He's a sub par rapper to put it nicely and he has absolutely no idea how to freestyle. Honestly, what is attractive about this guy?

Interesting use of "hood rats" in your last post, Sota.

Nice breakdown, though. My roommates play Weezy day in and day out, so I've grown accustomed. Here's pretty much the only song I really like of his (though I think he's done a great job with Drake):

This song is fucking ridiculous.

Last edited:
In my ever-important opinion, Wiz Khalifa, Drake, Lupe Fiasco, Kid Cudi, Wale, and J. Cole are the best in the game right now (with J. Cole slightly edging out Lupe for the top spot).

It's simply a travesty that hood rats such as waka flocka flame, Gucci Mane and Weezy are as successful as they are in this industry. For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone in their right mind could ever consistently listen to anyone of these three.

Tyler, the creator and OFWGKTA have been taking the rap scene by storm recently and the kore I listen to them the more I like them. Their stuff is so fucked up but for some reason it's somewhat catchy.

Also, for the underground fans I have been riding the XV bandwagon for like 3 years now. He's my man. Chris Webby and Fashawn are also much less popular than they should be.

To wrap everything up, Mac Miller sucks!

SO MUCH RESPECT.

Fashawn's 'Higher Learning 2' is one of my favorites recently. LOVE IT

In my ever-important opinion, Wiz Khalifa, Drake, Lupe Fiasco, Kid Cudi, Wale, and J. Cole are the best in the game right now (with J. Cole slightly edging out Lupe for the top spot).

It's simply a travesty that hood rats such as waka flocka flame, Gucci Mane and Weezy are as successful as they are in this industry. For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone in their right mind could ever consistently listen to anyone of these three.

Tyler, the creator and OFWGKTA have been taking the rap scene by storm recently and the kore I listen to them the more I like them. Their stuff is so fucked up but for some reason it's somewhat catchy.

Also, for the underground fans I have been riding the XV bandwagon for like 3 years now. He's my man. Chris Webby and Fashawn are also much less popular than they should be.

To wrap everything up, Mac Miller sucks!

Wiz raps about weed too much. We get it wizzy, you enjoy smoking mary jane. Rolling papers is garbage. Friday Night Lights is good, but J. Cole needs to put out some more work of that stature before I say he is at the "top." Wale has made some awesome mixtapes and should be given more credit, Nike Boots is my jam. Enjoyed Lupe's first two albums, but Lasers tries too hard in some places for me. Kid Cudi could be a very good rapper but he seems to like singing more. Drake needs some new stuff but So Far Gone and Thank Me Later are impressive efforts.

Odd Future is good because they're focused on rhymes instead of catchy hooks. Also because they're like a hybrid of Eminem, Wu Tang, and Punk Rockers (seriously, look)

B.o.b is the one who has irritated me lately. For every good song (no, "nothing on you" isn't one of them) he has 5 bad ones.

Mac Miller, Sammy Adams, Asher Roth... the list goes on and on...

Last edited:
Don't know how I haven't posted in this thread yet. I LOVE hip-hop. I've been entrenched in OFWGKTA lately. Their rhymes, and the way they can satirize the current state of the hip-hop industry (see Bitch Suck Dick) while creating rap that is love-it-or-hate-it amazes me. Earl Sweatshirt has to be one of the sickest lyricist of the last decade. Tyler the Creator is a beast. I think Goblin is a hell of an album. I'd say it's between them and Kanye right now for the mantle of best rapper.

Speaking of satirizing hip-hop, any fans of Das Racist? Sit Down, Man was great. They crack me up:

Speaking of satirizing hip-hop, any fans of Das Racist? Sit Down, Man was great. They crack me up:

:thumbsup:

Also to the question posed of Young Money or GOOD Music, I'd go with GOOD all day. Kanye and Pusha T alone could slay YM's whole lineup.

Wiz raps about weed too much. We get it wizzy, you enjoy smoking mary jane. Rolling papers is garbage. Friday Night Lights is good, but J. Cole needs to put out some more work of that stature before I say he is at the "top." Wale has made some awesome mixtapes and should be given more credit, Nike Boots is my jam. Enjoyed Lupe's first two albums, but Lazers tries too hard in some places for me. Kid Cudi could be a very good rapper but he seems to like singing more. Drake needs some new stuff but So Far Gone and Thank Me Later are impressive efforts.

Odd Future is good because they're focused on rhymes instead of catchy hooks. Also because they're like a hybrid of Eminem, Wu Tang, and Punk Rockers (seriously, look)

B.o.b is the one who has irritated me lately. For every good song (no, "nothing on you" isn't one of them) he has 5 bad ones.

Mac Miller, Sammy Adams, Asher Roth... the list goes on and on...

I totally agree about Wiz's fascination with weed, it gets old no doubt but for some reason I could listen to him all damn day long. And I definitely know what you're saying about J. Cole (I am really optimistic that his new album will prove he's here to stay, if it ever drops...). As for Lasers, I think that was more a product of Atlantic Records than anything else. Lupe's old stuff was so damn deep, but I felt like Lasers only sorta scratched the surface.

Blackstar, Mos, Talib, Tribe, De la, The Roots, Souls of Mischief, Pharcyde, Busta, Common, Public Enemy, Jay Z, Lupe Fiasco

Favorite song: Blackstar, Thieves in the Night.

Listening to Lupe right now, but not the new album. His album The Cool is pure genius.

Thank you!!!!

I don't understand the Weezy phenomenon. He's a sub par rapper to put it nicely and he has absolutely no idea how to freestyle. Honestly, what is attractive about this guy?

My "really" was that you would put him in the same category as gucci mane or woka flocka. Weezy F baby and the F is for fenomenal.

My "really" was that you would put him in the same category as gucci mane or woka flocka. Weezy F baby and the F is for fenomenal.

ok, I thought the "f" stood for Frederick, as in Weezy Frederick Baby. Also, the true answer to this thread is:
1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. & 4. Dylan
5. Dylan

Cracks me up when people kill weezy. Best rapper alive.

a lot of "white people rap" on here. not surprising i guess.

KICK, PUSK. KICK, PUSH.

Sweet rap song about skateboarding. Loser.

Back