• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Hip-Hop thread

Couldn't read the whole thread, just found it....

But I have a mix... Lately been listening to a lot of Mos Def and Dead Prez..

Can always listen to; Biggie, Tupac, Eminem.

After Tupac released about his third album, post mortum, him and shady put out a couple songs, so f'ing good.

Anytime I hear 'where's brooklyn at', whether its directly from the song, or a freestyle with Funk Master Flex, I get juiced up.

M. Shinoda is simple, but good. And his best songs have never been played on the radio.

damn good thread...I could go on and on and on.

just SOOOOO glad Limp Bizkit's attempt at a hip hop album failed in studio, they are horrible and I cringed when I saw meth on stage with them.

Then again, Clint Eastwood was in Paint My Wagon

Went to the Odd Future show at the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill last night. It was insane. Hard to describe how out of control it got. Those guys put on a great show though. Got Ye and Jay coming up Sunday in Greensboro. Very excited for that.

Went to the Odd Future show at the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill last night. It was insane. Hard to describe how out of control it got. Those guys put on a great show though. Got Ye and Jay coming up Sunday in Greensboro. Very excited for that.

Wanted to go to this show, sold out, how was it out of control? I would love to see these guys in a small venue, don't know how many more they will be playing if they keep blowing up.

Wanted to go to this show, sold out, how was it out of control? I would love to see these guys in a small venue, don't know how many more they will be playing if they keep blowing up.

They upped the capacity a couple days ago, so they put 100 more tix on sale. Those sold out pretty quick, and, imo, there was not enough room in there for that 100 extra people. Very small venue, but it was incredible. Even OF commented about how they loved playing in a small venue like that.

As for getting out of control, once Syd came on and dropped Raise-Up by Petey Pablo before the rest of OF came out, the crowd just kind of formed into one person, and just started moshing and going crazy. I saw several people getting trampled, some ppl getting punched in the face, and a couple people getting carried out cause they had passed out. It was literally like 150 degrees where I was in the middle of the crowd. It was hard to breath, and by the end of the show me and my friends were just covered from head to toe in sweat. I really had no idea what I was getting into, and right when Syd started getting the crowd amped up by playing Raise-Up, Grove Street Party and Niggas in Paris, I knew I was in trouble. But it was totally worth it.

Also, I caught Domo's towel that he threw into the crowd at the end of the show. Swag.

Last edited:
Anyone like that Wale? Man, was expecting so much more, but others have seemed to enjoy it.

Pretty pumped for Mac Miller next week.

Back