• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Hip-Hop thread

Brown's pretty big. Bigger than Glover at this point.

Bigger to who? A couple dudes at Spin? I'm not saying Brown isn't a better rapper, but Glover has been on Letterman, Conan, and the top of iTunes. Glover is much bigger mainstream. My wife would know who Glover is. It seems like an odd pairing, but maybe Glover is a big fan.

Supposedly a fight over one of the Williams sisters. I'll post an article when I'm at my computer.

You are wrong. A Tribe Called Quest perfected hip-hop in the 90s. It's all been downhill after that.

As a teenager growing up in Winston and going to Parkland High School, I loved me some rap music and I don't think A Tribe Called Quest gets enough respect. I loved them. Also liked Naz, Tupac, Jay Z, Dre, Eric B. and Rakim esp. "Juice". Don't listen to much rap now though as I kind of grew out of it. If you liked rap and was a kid or teenager in the 90's it was a pretty cool time to be a fan of it.....at least I think.

Get to know the A$AP crew: http://www.complex.com/music/2012/01/who-is-asap-mob#3

I really liked this line.

"I was the same skinny jean–wearing nigga that still skateboards in the hood. I was one of those niggas just on my downtown white-boy shit, but still in the hood. Still chilling with them niggas who was murdering niggas. Still chilling with the gangsters. Still chilling with the homies, the Bloods, all of them niggas. I was just my own self. I wasn't the nigga to have the True Religion outfit."

If you live in Southern California, you oughta check this out:

20120215-PAIDDUES.jpg

Whoops. I don't even recognize Raleigh any more.

By the way, there's a lot of good hip hop/R&B coming out of NC these days, and a lot of those cats run (or used to run) in the same circles: Foreign Exchange, 9th Wonder, Phonte, and several other bros.

Been feeling this one lately. Love the smooth production.

And do yourself a favor and checkout Blu and Exile's Below the Heavens, one of the best of the aughts.

Last edited:
Back